7th jury member
Kontakt:

S20E09 - "History"

Post autor: ctoria »

Secret Scene: Courtney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6mtrmqBvp4

(Day 23)

Parvati
: I'm trying to give Freckles more space. Every time she tried to eat she kept bumping into the net. She's so cute.

Courtney: I know. I wanna let her go. I don't wanna eat her.

Parvati: You do?

Courtney (solo): We here in the Villains camp developed a system of luring chickens in, and our bait is what I call the greatest chicken in the world, Freckles. We tie Freckles up, we open the net, she lures in other chickens, and then we catch them, and then we eat them. I put my foot down. I will not murder Freckles. All the rest of them, it's curtains, but Freckles is safe as far as I'm concerned. I bet Freckles will outlast us all, because I don't see anyone else stepping up to kill her.

Coach
: We gotta do something about eating more than just coconuts. Any ideas?

Russell: I say we kill the chicken.

Danielle: Courtney's like...she doesn't want to kill it. But dude, we gotta eat, you know?

Russell: She don't wanna kill the chicken?

Danielle: She loves that chicken.

Russell: What is she doing to provide food for us?

Courtney (solo)
: They killed Freckles. I sat with that chicken all day. I cradled her. I'm not gonna eat her! That's disgusting!

Russell (solo):
We ate Freckles. She tastes pretty damned good, too. Courtney didn't even come around all day, she was so upset about Freckles. She really loved the chicken. I'm gonna catch another Freckles, she can name it whatever she wants to name it, Pooky, or whatever, we're gonna eat that one too. (shot of Courtney alone in the ocean) It's a chicken. She made it a pet. That's pretty weird.

Another Idol for Russell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkDMF9gzygw

"This game just got even more interesting. Russell, at the challenge, was handed a hidden immunity idol by JT. (laughs) What in the hell was he thinking? That was the stupidest thing he could possibly do. He has no idea who he's dealing with. And the note was brilliant. Telling Russell how to play the immunity idol? Are you kidding me? He's like the king of the immunity idol. He's got it down. And he told us so much in that letter. THey're gunning after Parvati. That's a good thing to know too. Now we know exactly who they're voting for in the case of a merge, and I'm smelling a merge, I'm smelling it. I'm completely aghast. I'm speechless. I've never seen anybody make a move that silly before."

"Giving Russell a hidden immunity idol to use at Tribal Council tonight against an all-girl alliance ain't gonna work. First of all, there's no all-girl alliance. Second, now we have their source of power."

"That was totally on their assumption. They have no idea what's going on over here. Russell's running the show. Us girls are just along for the ride for the most part. I don't even know what to say. It was weird. At the end of the challenge, everyone came together and they were hugging each other. Colby grabbed me supertight and pulled me really close and gave me a big ol' wet kiss on the cheek. (looks stunned) I was like, ohmigosh, he wants to flip, he's trying to tell me he wants to flip. That's what I'm thinking. I tell Russell that and Russell's like, 'Oh no, he ain't flipping. Let me show you something.' And next thing you know, he pulls out the hidden immunity idol and the note from JT. I'm just like...(puts her head in her hands) It's just like giving us the golden ticket to the final 4, as long as everything goes according to plan."

Day 24

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCLZ4KouNp0

Rupert explains the personal significance of making it to Day 24

"Day 24. I am so happy."

"That means I am coming close on how long I spent in Pearl Islands. Day 27. Day 24 means 2 weeks and we are on our way back home to see loved ones. Day 24 means I'm actually making it, I'm pretty solid in my position, that I can see Day 34 realistically. And this is my 88th day of playing Survivor. There's only one person who's played the game longer than I and she's on my tribe too. That's Amanda. She's had 100. This is 101 or 102 for her. That's pretty good. Day 24."

Handing over the Idol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqs2JuEEtMw

"There are a series of monumental events in this game where you know a challenge comes that could potentially be a real game-changer. Immunity for us today was absolute. We had to have it. We were still 1 member down. We needed to send the Villains to Tribal Council. Aside from that, JT had a plan that was bold, it was huge. We needed it to work. Not only do we feel great about the fact that we won the challenge, we feel real good that we might have Russell on our team now, and that's a game-changer."

"There are times throughout this team where you catch lucky breaks. Today was one of those. The fact that Russell and I were the anchor legs of our respective teams gave us an opportunity to sit on the dock and talk for a few minutes before I had to jump in the water. Basically I laid it out for him. I wanted to go fishing at first. I wanted to find out what his status was. I said, if you guys lose, right here, who's going home tonight at Tribal Council? He said, no question, I'm a goner. I'm done. That's when I knew he was desperate. I said no you're not, here's what's gonna happen. You could just see him light up. I said you need to go talk to JT after the game is over, act like you're congratulating him. He's gonna hand you something, he's gonna hand you the idol. And I'm not kidding around. Russell just started grinning and said who do you want me to get rid? I said Parvati, because that's who's running the show. Send her home. I know that feeling. I've been there at Tribal Council where I fully believed I was being sent home, and I got a respite. I was saved one night. I know that feeling inside. You could see that in Russell. He was so stoked to know that maybe, just maybe, this game will continue for him. Like I said, it's a big move for us, it's a gamble. This game is all about taking risks and gambles. We haven't won it, but it feels pretty good right now. We're not fools. We know there's still so much left to be played of this game. Those girls are crafty. All the Villain females are good players. Who knows where the other hidden immunity idol is? There are a lot of variables involved that can still derail us from our plan. All that we can control, we have. We have taken control of this game to the best of our ability. It doesn't matter when the merge comes. We're not having to play for the merge. We have now evened the score, and if Russell is onboard, we've gained the lead."

The First Member of the Jury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bv1gSVgsaqs

"We did get good news at the reward, that Coach is the first member of the jury. Which is a good thing, in my mind, because it's proof we're progressing in this game, that it's going somewhere. After a while it kind of feels like you're battling back and forth and back and forth, and it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere, especially when you're winning and no one's going home from your tribe, it's hard to feel like you're progressing to an end. Now that Coach is the first member of the jury, it's cool. I'm a little proud of myself. I've been out here the longest of anyone in Survivor history, ever. I came into this the first time thinking, how are you going to do this? I'm so much tougher than I give myself credit for. It's kind of neat. For Jeff to even say Amanda, this is your 100th day in the jungle, more than anybody has ever done, it's kind of like, I'm kind of proud of myself, because it's something I never thought I could do."

"I kind of expected we weren't going to merge soon. That's one thing I think we did right, is we didn't whittle ourselves down to a merge, because we don't know when we're gonna merge. Now that Coach is the first member of the jury, that means we don't have to merge any time at all. We could be playing this game until either the Heroes or the Villans are completely taken out of this game. Which could happen. It's happened before, in Vanuatu. I don't know. I think everyone's expecting a merge and everyone is ready for a merge, but I'm not, I'm not set that we're merging anytime soon."

Slim Pickings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9plPkQmfRmI

"Last night we cooked heart of plantain, I think it was. We cooked it for about an hour. It's supposed to be like a vegetable, but it was so nasty. It was bitter, and sour, and rindy. It was worse than a raw plantain almost. Nobody could eat it. Then we tried to roast some plantains. We thought they were OK. The first one we ate, we were like, oh, this is so good, because we were starving, but then it got to be inedible. We're really down to the wire here on our food situation. We're trying anything and everything to eat. We're so hungry. It's Day 23. We have a teaspoonful of rice left to split between 5 people and we have a chicken and we have some coconuts scattered around the island. That's it. We're really hurting for food right now. It's a lazy day. We're laying around, we're so lethargic and hungry. Gotta conserve calories."

"It felt pretty bad eating the heart of plantain and all the nasty stuff we were trying to cook last night, knowing the Villains had steak and cheesy potatoes and a wonderful meal from Outback Steakhouse. We wanted that so bad. We needed it."

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

J.T.'s Big Move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbRjyHlDGrc

"We couldn't have asked for a better opportunity to speak to Russell. I tried to lip something to him before the challenge, tried to say it's alright, hang in there. I could tell he wanted to tell me if we were to lose the challenge, he was with us, that he'd come with us, so lose the challenge and save him. I had a better plan. We could win the challenge and then save him. I kind of lipped that to him, but the fact that they put Russell last and we put Colby last, during the final minutes of the challenge, Colby and Russell were out there alone on the platforms and got a chance to explain what was going on -- it was perfect. Being at the beginning, where the rest of the girls were at, I was like, 'Looks like they're gonna (something) and fight out there. They're (something) chest out.' I played it up. They're like 'Ooh, they do look like they're pissed about something, look at 'em.' I played it up as good as I can to cover our tracks. After the challenge, Russell knew to come shake my hand first, and he did."

"I stuck the hidden immunity idol in his gut, where no one could see it. He slid it straight into his pocket, quick action, no one could see it. Good move. We're guaranteed that Russell's here tomorrow, and guaranteed that one of the 5 strong girls are gone. It couldn't be any better. Russell asked Colby who do you want to go? Colby said Parvati. He said good, because she's in charge. BAM, right on the money. I called that since Tyson was voted out. It feels good to have insurance. Even people on my tribe have questioned my call, questioned my plan, questioned things, but my mind was made up. If we won, I was doing it."

"Russell has to have already found his place in the jungle to privately read his message and look at the idol with the rules of how to play the idol. He knows right now he's sitting gold. I imagine the girls are giggling and trimming their toenails or something. Russell's moping around, pouting, with a big Texas grin in his heart, knowing one of those girls is going home. Parvati."

"It would be more than fine with me if we show up at the next challenge or merge, whatever it is, and Parvati's still there and another girl's gone, because that tells me one thing. Their idol's out of play because Parvati played it. No doubt in my mind Russell's gonna stick to the plan. This guy just got rescued from being the second person on the jury to guaranteed sixth place, probably better. He'd be stupid to mess around with us now. The guy owes us his life in this game, and he seems like a respectable dude anyway. That being said, if Parvati's not gone, even better, because I know once Russell played his idol, Parvati got scared and played hers. Both idols gone, sitting ducks one by one, the girls go."

The Sea Life of Samoa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX4cXz_ps-E

"I have been that guy that since I was 5 years old, going down to Florida with my family and camping out at Bahia Honda State Park, and being there in the ocean every day for the last 40 days. Every vacation we go to is in the ocean. I have seen creatures in that ocean here in Samoa that are creatures I've never seen in my life. Schools of fish that I've seen one or two fish of. Unicorn, schools of unicorn fish, trumpet fish that are the length of my body. Creatures that when I'm flipping over rocks I can't even believe are alive, different creatures. It's like swimming in a fish tank of amazing fish, amazing creatures. And the force of this ocean. I've been in some undertows, I've been in some currents -- you've gotta be pretty tough to be in that current. It's kind of cool. I love it."

Courtney the Day After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEJTRerlRsk

"The Villains camp was an interesting place to be, because you had 10 of the biggest, laziest schemers that somehow squeaked through their previous seasons without lifting a finger, and really thrived at sucking at challenges and not being held responsible for things they did wrong. Our camp life sucked. For some reason we pulled it together in a lot of the group challenges in the beginning. It was a weird situation. Everyone's forte was our strategy element, and because we kept winning, we never really got to use it in the beginning. It became a really paranoid, crazy place to live, factions coming head to head without any way to let the steam out, because we never got to vote people out until double elimination. It was a complete downhill situation from there."

"Before the helicopter even touched down on the beach it was already people sizing each other up and figuring, 'She'll be first to go,' and, 'I'll be with this person and this person.' In a regular season of Survivor it starts off like let me prove myself to my team, a positive thing, and in this season it was who can we get rid of first? It already started on the major focus was kicking people off your own team, rather than keep your team strong."

"I made it as far as I did by, well, first of all, we had one of the Golden Girls as one of our men folk. I may suck at challenges, but at least I don't have arthritis. (laughs) Randy, he was the first one to go. Then the girls stuck together on our team for as long as we did. Russell is the most crazy, paranoid person on the planet, who took offense at every single man on the team. All the other guys were obsessed with getting out Russell. So we had like clash of the testicles, as it were, on the Villains camp, all the boys trying to take each other out, whereas if Rob and Tyson had gone for Danielle instead of Russell or his girlfriend Parvati, it would have been a lot simpler. They couldn't not go for Russell and Parvati as these big power players. That was the mistake they made with me and Todd. They always wanted to go for Todd, no one ever wanted to vote off Courtney, which would have been the easiest thing in the world, but no one ever wanted to do it. That was it, you know."

"I decided if I was going to come back, I was going to do the best I could. Part of that was obviously I suck at challenges, so I really tried to be more physical about it. Fresh off the helicopter, get into your underpants and go wrestle some bitches. I was like, alright, I grew up with 3 brothers, I can scrap. I might not win, but I can defend. It was actually really gratifying. That was a big highlight for me, actually. Candice looked and me and was like, 'You just made me look like the biggest jerk on TV. I just got beat up by Courtney.' I was like, that's right!"

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

Amanda's List

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivfqkg1oTIY

"JT's happy. They're excited their plans working. I don't want Parvati to go. She's one of my options. Now that she's going, I have less options on the other side to get rid of JT with. For me, it's not...JT's taking out my people. Not a good thing for me. I even made a little list. I'll show you. If Parvati does go home tonight, this is my 'what am I gonna do' list. (camera tries to zoom in on the list) I'm cool with Candice and Colby -- we have a three for sure. JT has Rupert on his side and now Russell. Russell will do anything in this game for JT now. I have to decide. Our group decision is to get rid of Sandra next. This is where the game gets so twisted. I have to either pull a big move and get rid of JT soon, or wait until we're down to 6 and get rid of JT later. It's kind of a gamble, because JT's really good at challenges, to get rid of him later. And now that he got rid of Parvati, because my plan was to pull Parvati and Courtney over, so we'd have Parvati, Courtney, Colby, me, Candice. Now that's kind of ruined. Everyone's celebrating but I'm not so happy about this. I'm glad we won, obviously, or else I could be going home, but in the big scheme of things, for plans on Amanda's mind, it's not my ideal situation."

"Everything that happens in this game you have to turn into a positive. I wanted to see what could happen with me and Parv in this game, but obviously that's not going to happen, probably. It could be a great thing. People are gonna be less worried I'm gonna join up with Parvati. I'm gonna turn it into a good thing. To be out here for so long without calling shots, you get a little irritated. I've had to suck it up for a while. I'm ready to start making moves. I'm not here to make the jury. I'm not here to be second place. I've done second place. I've done third place. I'm ready to win this. I'm not gonna go down lightly. The one person here that can ruin that whole thing for me is JT."

On the Chopping Block

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGdRwfDMm0w

"Parvati asked me if I needed to go get water, which we all know means, let's go talk. So I went to get water and asked who's going, me or Sandra. Parvati said she didn't know, she wasn't going to get involved because she likes both of us, blah blah blah. I was like, listen, I know it's gonna be one of us, I'm not gonna throw her under the bus. If they decide to keep me, I'll work with you, we both know Amanda; the only people I know in the game if Sandra goes are you and Amanda. If I'm here, it's a lot more likely that Amanda will flip and come with you. She doesn't know Danielle and she doesn't know Russell from anyone, but she knows me. Amanda and I were in the same alliance just like Parvati and Amanda were in the same alliance in their season. It makes more sense for Parvati to have me around. I also tried to throw Jerri under the bus as much as I could by saying Jerri only wants to play with boys, she doesn't like you or Danielle, she will team up with Russell, Colby, Rupert, whoever is left, to be the only girl with the guys. That's her whole style of playing. She likes to be rough and tumble but in a bikini. Still trying to throw Jerri under the bus, a little bit trying to make a case for myself, but at the same time for Sandra too. It's equal. Sandra's a winner. Parvati's a winner. If Sandra goes, Parvati's the only winner left on this side. Sandra has connections on the other side too. She knows Rupert, she's played with Rupert, so that's another pocket for them. I kind of made a case for me and Sandra, and a non-case for Jerri, as much as I could. At this point it's been a string of bad luck for me and Sandra, starting with Tyson FUBARing the crap out of that one Tribal. Then Rob went down for trusting Coach. We got a little reprieve when we voted out Coach and everyone came together in hatred of Coach, which is amazing. It can't last forever, someone's gotta go. I'm pretty sure it's 50-50 right now, me or Sandra. One of us is gonna be eating peanut butter and jelly at Ponderosa tonight.

Sandra's Secret Banana Hoard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFUhpnm6K-Y

"They don't wanna come looking for food. I went looking for food. I go looking for food every day. I found food. I'm gonna eat it. (takes a bite) They can sit there and eat hermit crabs all they want to. I'm gonna come and get my bananas every day."

"It's not that I don't wanna share. They don't deserve that I share with them. Every time I turn my back they're drinking up all the coconuts and eating all the coconuts and eating all the hermit crabs. You want a hermit crab, they're like, go get you one. I go get clams, but they want me to get a clam for everybody but nobody wants to go in the ocean. Now I don't have to go get clams cause I got my own bananas."

Convincing the Heroes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08eVOSBdaQI

"The only worry I have is if someone goes up to Sandra and says, 'Did Russell play that idol last night?' I'm already gonna tell them, she's not gonna tell you anything, she lies about every single thing that happens. You can't trust Sandra, she's the worst one to trust in the whole group. I'm gonna make everyone think she's a liar, so it's not gonna matter. Plus I'm gonna have Jerri, Parvati, and Danielle on top of that ass the whole time. Do not let Sandra go alone anywhere. Rupert might ask Sandra, since they know each other. If they do ask, they'll know she's lying. She's gonna tell ya'll I didn't play the idol because I blindsided her best buddy. She's trying to get me in trouble. I played the damn idol last night."

"I played the idol, I was gonna vote Parvati, it just happened to be her best buddy at that time. It was a blindside. I played the idol, saved me, Parvati, Parvati played her idol, saved her, then it just happened to be her best buddy that went home, which was fine with me, because she was second in charge of that girl alliance."

Danielle on the Reward Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmvKKs0U8Ws

"We woke up and had treemail, and as soon as I read the treemail I knew we had it. It talked about endurance and being able to stand pain. Then it had us list from strongest to weakest our five players we were going to play. We automatically said Russell should sit out. We figured out it's the one you have to balance the two pegs on your feet, and the women would dominate, because the less weight you have the easier it is to stay on longer. Right away we said Russell, you're gonna sit this one out. He was really cool about it. When we got to the challenge, our energy was high, and we had the girl power thing. We all knew we had to win. Then when we found out what the reward was, we were like, oh my gosh. A week ago we were talking about how much we loved the Outback. This challenge was meant for us. The lineup was pretty incredible. It was really interesting how it fell into place. I went up against Candice. Courtney went up against Amanda. Sandra went up against Rupert. Jerri went up against Colby. Parvati went up against JT. It was a great matchup for all of us. Colby fell first, Rupert fell second, and Amanda fell third. We won the challenge. It was a really great feeling. Finally I felt we can all work together as a team. It's been really chaotic, but now with Coach gone, we all had a bonding experience with winning the challenge and then being able to go and enjoy that amazing meal together. It's a really good vibe around camp now, and I'm liking it."

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor HvV Insider”