7th jury member
Kontakt:

S20E12 "Sinking Ship"

Post autor: ctoria »

Secret Scene: Candice

Candice pries for information from Jerri as the two chop vegetables at camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s1D8KbCdG8

(Day 32)

Jerri: Awesome! This is awesome. I love the rain. The rain rules. (muttering to Candice) Has Russell been talking to you about coming over to our side?

Candice
: Yeah, he talked to me a little bit this morning, and he said the rest of the people probably mentioned something.

Candice (solo): At this point it's really no longer Heroes vs Villains. I'm on the bottom of the totem pole and I'm trying to work with the Villains. Anything that will give me a better deal or make me feel more secure, I'll do it.

Jerri: Where's your head at?

Candice: It is an option.

Jerri: A better option than what you've had from what I can see.

Candice: What I said is I'm cool with it. You guys tell me what I need to know. Obviously I know you can't tell me everything. (mutters something) It's kind of like they never really wanted to play with me. I'm lucky we never lost another immunity. When nobody's talking to you, when you start talking and people freak out, that's probably not a good sign for you. I don't know for sure, I just know I never felt comfortbale, you know?

Jerri: Yeah, I can see that. Just the camp lifestyle.

Jerri (solo): Candice has really been knocked around over here on the Hero camp, and I think she was next on the chopping block. I saw it as an opportunity to pick her brain a little bit about where her head's at in the game. See if maybe she might be willing to flop over to our side, in case we need an extra vote.

Candice: I know I'm on a sinking ship, and if you guys need help doing whatever needs to get done, I'm open to it. Let me know.

Candice (solo): I'm down in numbers, so I have to play nice, I have to keep my options open and let them know that if they want to work with me, I'm here. Who knows what may happen? I'm not giving up.

Jerri: Alright. That's cool to know.

Candice the Day After

Candice reflects on her time in the game, and assesses what she got out of playing a second time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ltLxHAWOfY

"Playing the second time around is definitely different. It's different in a lot of ways. You don't have the luster of the first time you played Survivor. You're playing with people who have really played this game hard their first and second times. There's no getting to know you period, because everyone already thinks they know each other, so it was like super-serious gameplay from the second we hit the beach. There were no throwaway people. Everybody was playing hard in this game. It was very different. Also we had the survival part down, at least on the Heroes tribe. We kind of got everything together really quickly, we got our shelter done, we got fire, we got food, and we sat around like what else do we do? The first time around it took a couple of weeks to get the stuff figured out. We had stuff going on every day, we were struggling. Within the first few days this time we were like, OK, done, now what? It was different. There were huge personalities out here, and people were playing so hard. You almost got in trouble for playing because people were like, 'No, no, what are you doing?' You couldn't go to the bathroom without somebody following you. If you walked off to get water with somebody it was never innocent, somebody was always watching. Who's coming with you and what's going on. It was tough. Mentally it was much harder and emotionally it was much harder this time around because of all those factors going into it. It wasn't as first time at school, first day sort of thing. It was like oh, I've been here and done this, and people are killing me."

"I didn't really particularly love being labeled a Hero. I'm not a Hero, I'm a person. The people on the Villains tribe aren't Villains, they're people. Everybody lies in the game of Survivor, everybody double-deals, so even the Heroes did that when they played. I did it, but I'm a Hero and somebody else is a Villain? I feel like the lines were really blurred. Maybe people tried because we're on the Heroes tribe, assign a certain expectation to how you play the game, and if you don't play the game that way, then you're ostracized. Maybe the same thing on the Villains side. I think there was an expectation that came with the title Hero or Villain that wasn't how I necessarily intended to play the game or other people intended to play the game. I think definitely in the end I really got thrown under the bus, saying there's only 2 Heroes here, Rupert really giving it to me. I never considered myself a Hero or a Villain (air quotes). I was playing the game. I'm not saying I played a great game, or that the decision I made was the right decision. I kind of feel like a jerk in the decision I made, and an idiot, but to throw me under the bus and attack my character for that, I think really came from the label that you're a Hero, we're supposed to be Heroes. It's tough."

"I would say my biggest downfall in the game was my own personality. I'm neurotic and I get nervous about everything. That's really not a good characteristic in this game. I let it get to me. Then the plans change at the last minute in my alliance. I got nervous and I'm like wait, what's going on, everyone's changing on me, they're flipping on me, they don't trust me. Sandra flip-flopping at the last minute made me nervous. I felt like the Villains had their plan in place, maybe I should go with them, they know what they're doing and it's solid, versus the Heroes plan changing all around and I don't know where I stand with it, and...I'm neurotic."

Secret Scene: Danielle

Danielle and Parvati flirt with Colby on the beach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgppVGQPVPs

(Day 33)

(Colby is laying down with Jerri when Parvati and Danielel walk up)

Colby: Ya'll going to get more water? I see my bottle. (they say yes) Thank you very much.

Danielle: Can I borrow your shoes to walk in? I didn't bring mine. (he says they're big but gives them to her) Thanks Colbs.

Danielle: We'll be back.

Parvati: Do you have a little crush on Colby?

Danielle (solo): I am definitely attracted to Colby. He's very athletic and he's sexy. I haven't seen an attractive guy out here for days. Not to say I'm going to act on anything but he's just trying to get to know me and I'm trying to get to know him.

Parvati: I think he's (?). Just pay attention to it, you'll see.

Danielle: I will.

Parvati: Oh, oh, reach it.

Colby
: I'm trying to keep up with you kids.

Parvati: Danielle started it. (Jerri mocks her)

Colby: We started our bonding on our reward. That was it.

Danielle: When he saw me scrapping (?) and fighting.

Colby: She was holding her own in a throwdown.

Parvati: It's pretty sexy when a girl can do that.

Colby: It was quite the turn-on.

Parvati (solo): Colby has been flirting with Danielle and Danielle has been eating up the attention. It's been a tough game. If you can have some tough game, so if you can have some guy flirting with you it makes you feel like you're not gonna go insane. (laughs) It's a cat and mouse game with Colby and Danielle.

Colby
: Danielle, you can wear those (shoes) back to camp. I don't mind.

Parvati: Colbs, you're such a sweetheart. (laughs)

Jerri: Keep up with you kids.

Parvati: Such a gentleman. You're a peach.

Colby: Don't give me that.

Danielle (solo): I'm in a really tight alliance with Russell and Parvati, I have no intention of leaving that, but I'm gonna play like maybe he has a possibility of pulling me in with him, to get as far along in this game as I have to. Yeah, I'm attracted to him, but I'm not here to flirt with guys. I'm here to play this game and win a million bucks.

Danielle: Colby, thank you so much for letting me use your shoes.

Colby: Yeah, sure.

Danielle: Appreciate it.

Danielle's Final Words

Danielle reacts to having just been voted out of the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8jZzkIFmcA

"I feel like I've played a good game, and maybe a little too aggressive this time, but I did the best that I could and that's all I can."

"They better get Russell off. (laughs) That's my only...He's just a conniving person and he'll manipulate people to do exactly what he wants. I'm upset he tested me. I was in an alliance with him. I've never given him any reason to not trust me. That's why when he said he's testing me, I'm lie, why are you testing me? I just think they'll all be fine, the Villain tribe will be fine if they get Russell off on their next move."

"I can't play into him. He's so hard to deal with. My personality and his personality just don't clash. Parvati was able to handle him a lot better than I am. Tonight I may have put my own foot in my mouth at Tribal Council by just calling him out in front of everybody. I think he changed his vote the last minute actually. I think Jerri did too. I just couldn't hold back from the things I felt he did to me all week. Planting a seed in my head, making me turn against Parvati this whole week, and finally when I acted on it, he ran right up to Parvati and told her. My feelings were hurt and that was that."

"Russell is insane. I've never seen anyone so psychotic. You feel like you're in prison when you're around him, especially when you're aligned with him. He stares at you all day long. He watches every single person, who they talk to, and then after they talk to them, he goes up to them and asks them what they talk about. He goes up to you and asks you what you talked about, just to make sure the stories match up. He does this non-stop. He doesn't do any work around camp. He's horrible, he doesn't do anything in the challenges. He just sits there and stares at people to make sure they're not trying to get him off or anyone in his alliance. Now he's testing the people in his alliance. This is the second season in a row he's playing and he wants it bad, he wants it really bad. He'll do whatever he has to to get there. That might bite him in the ass at the end because I don't know how many people are gonna vote for him."

"I feel like Jerri and Sandra and Parvati, now their eyes are open to the potential Russell has and what damage he can do even to his own tribe."

Danielle the Day After

Danielle reflects on her time in the game, and reveals her greatest mistake that lead to her demise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tT2upL-IZM

"It was quite the ride this time around, compared to how I played the game the first time. This was the most intense thing I've ever had to go through in my life. There were so many strong players that it made every single minute of the game so intense. You couldn't stop thinking and worrying about even if you were in an alliance where you felt safe, were you really safe. It kicked it up 10 notches compared to the last time I played. It was so much more mentally exhausting this time around because everyone knew how to play the game, everybody wanted it, and it was a crazy, crazy ride."

"I think I was a huge threat in this game. I played this time around so much more aggressive than I ever played the first time. I did really well in all the challenges. I think people underestimated me up until the merge and then people started to see my true colors and how bad I want the game. I think at that point people started thinking about me being at the end, even people in my own alliance. I think even people in my own alliance where threatened by my gameplay."

"It was a crazy feeling to have my torch snuffed. To hear Jeff, the night I got voted off, that was the first time my name's been written down the entire game. To see my name come up as he held the vote, it was a weird feeling. I don't know how to explain it. I almost sensed it was coming at that point, but even so, sensing it was coming and seeing my name written down, it's disappointing. I wanted to play this game to the end, I was set, I had good alliances, I thought. I think I became too much of a threat. I was aligned with a snake. He deceived me and tried to turn me against my friend Parvati and it blew up in my face. I couldn't hold back any longer. He was so controlling the entire game. It was impossible to get away from him. I aligned with him on day 1 and I wanted to stay loyal to him to the end of the game, and then it became a factor of me being afraid to make a move against him because he threatens everybody."

"The whole control thing with him was clear from the beginning. I had to bite my tongue. Being the person I am, I don't stand for someone trying to control me. I literally felt like I was in a little box. The way you had to work with him, if you wanted to make a move, you always had to make it seem like it was his idea, otherwise he would get mad at you and threaten to get you off. Being strong-minded and independent, it was like I can only take so much of this guy. That's why I freaked out at him at Tribal Council, because he's such a liar. I know the game's about that, but have some respect, especially people in your own alliance. Don't turn them against each other. It wasn't necessary to do it at that point."

"I just regret aligning with Russell. That's the only thing I regret. But I did it on day 1 and I took a risk. I got far in the game. I just wish I had known how he was as a person. I would rather have aligned with somebody I liked and I wanted to play with to the end of the game."

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

Post autor: ctoria »

Living With Rupert

Since the tribes merged, Jerri has become increasingly agitated with Rupert's behavior around camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_aSOLXlf5g

"What I've found in this game, Heroes vs Villains, on more than one occasion, is there's quite a few Heroes that are bigger Villains than me. And there are quite a few Villains, myself included, that are acting much more heroically than most of the Heroes. It's been an interesting social experiment, to say the least. Rupert is the best example of someone out here that everyone has this grand idea of who he is and how he plays this game. He puts off this whole loveable, teddy bear thing, and he couldn't be further from that. From the second the Villain came to the Heroes camp, it's been nothing but control issues, arguments, confrontations, he's completely inconsiderate of other people's space. He saws wood in the wee hours of the morning while people are trying to get to sleep. He rolls over in the shelter and the whole shelter shakes. He slams his feet around. He huffs and puffs like a little kid. It's out of control. I got a little taste of it in the All-Stars, but now, whoo, I think time has expanded Rupert's head times ten. He's a really difficult guy to be around."

Rise to Power

Russell, Parvati and Danielle brag about their strong alliance, which brought them far in the game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PSmT0rr6I

(Day 32)

Parvati: Where did Rupert just take off to?

Russell: Down the beach.

Parvati: You're not gonna chase after him?

Russell: No need to. I'm solid with my people. It's amazing what we've done.

Parvati: Against all odds, the 3 of us are still here. Pretty frickin' cool.

Russell: We weeded out everybody.

Parvati: We orchestrated this entire game. The 3 of us. I think that's so cool. And the fact that we're Villains, and we're supposed to turn on each other, but we didn't. Just to prove we're not really Villains.

Russell (solo): I'm not fully in control of this game yet. Me and Parvati are EQUALLY in control on this game. And that makes me a little worried.

Rupert's Fake Idol

After Tribal Council, in which Candice was voted out, Rupert laughs at the piece of coral that saved him from being ousted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fya75e5s6lU

"I am very, very happy tonight. We just got back from Tribal Council. The vote was 3 votes for me -- it always freaks me out to see my name written down -- and 5 votes for Candice. That little...the newest of the Villains just ran out. I didn't have to play my immunity idol. My little immunity idol I have in my pocket that's a big old hunk of coral. (laughs) I will be carrying this, at least tonight until I stash it somewhere and put it back in my pocket tomorrow. I made sure everybody in this darn camp, including Colby, thought I had the immunity idol. I put something in my pocket which looked about the same as Russell's idol in his pocket yesterday. I made a statement to everybody about how comfortable I felt. I took a nap. I never nap. That showed how comfortable I was. I laid all my cards out. I played every card I had. And Colby helped me, and we got Candice out, and I am still here."

Colby Before Tribal Council

Colby analyzes the mood around camp in the hours before Tribal Council

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOCzdDJbNAQ

"I was really disappointed at the immunity challenge today, with myself. This was not one I intentionally threw. I got humng up at the beginning and it was a disaster. I couldn't find the very first piece I needed and it threw me off. Made up some ground in the puzzle but couldn't catch up, and I think I came in dead last. It was embarrassing. This morning was a bummer. Disappointed in myself and my performance in the challenge. Fortunately, Rupert didn't win. Russell won. Though it's early in the day, it looks as if Rupert might go home. Ah, but what a day makes. Here we are, on the twilight that is Tribal Council, and I'm telling you these Villains have turned on each other. Russell's wearing the immunity necklace and he's the most nervous guy on the beach. By the way, I've finally figured it out. The guy really is the devil. That's why he always wears the fedora or the buff over his head, there's a pair of horns hiding under there. I know there are. That guy works harder and stresses more. Gotta have a couple of ulcers by now. The dude is STRESSED today. The girls are the same way. I just took off and went fishing. If things get heated around camp, grab your fishing line and see if you can reel some in. Jerri went with me. And Jerri -- I never thought I'd say this -- Jerri Manthey is the most level-headed out of the entire Villain tribe. She's got a cool vibe about her, she's really chilled out in the last few years. We're getting along fine. The problem with us getting along is it makes everyone else paranoid. Now they're getting suspicious. Again, I may be the dude going hom tomorrow. I have no idea. This tribe is so convoluted. Who knows where the loyalty lies? It's too muddy to see tonight. It could be me. It could be Rupert. As far as I know , we're both voting for Danielle. The last word I got from Russell, in somewhat of a panicked tone, he said we need to take out Danielle tonight."

"I like Danielle, but Danielle's not somebody I would end up sitting next to in the final 3. Whether we take her out tonight, or take her out tomorrow or the next day, I'm cool with that. I really don't care. The irony of today, the 2 most relaxed people on this beach headed to Tribal Council are the only 2 Heroes left in this game. You leave the Villains to their own devices and they will cannibalize each other. That's what's happening. We'll see. In the time it takes me to fold up my flag and head to Tribal Council, they might change their minds 3 more times, and I may be the one they deem the bigger threat and need to go home. Who knows."

Searching for the Idol

Rupert describes the methods he used to try to find the hidden immunity idol at camp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZJIodmNFe4

"My gut tells me that the clue was so vague.

Where the trails meet, you will find the burning bush. Under the shadow of the burning bush will reveal a rock. Under the rock will give you the idol.

I saw 8 people flip over every damn rock they saw in this jungle. They were flipping rocks over on the sides of trails that did not even interset."

"I looked for a Biblical burning bush. I looked for a physically burnt bush. I looked for a bush that would maybe seem to be burning, with the orange and red leaves. I walked these jungles and these trails here for 32 days. I know every intersection. I've searched 'em all. I need another clue. I know I'm not that great on immunity idols, but for someone who is new to our beach and new to our trails, I don't even know if they know all the trails out here."

Maintaining Control of the Game

After dealing with Russell for thirty-two days, Parvati admits to becoming tired of his aggressive game play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x4DSH4rIJw

"I think at this point if you're not worried, you're foolish. There's 7 people here and everyone's trying to win. People have already been blindsided, people have already been backstabbed. It's happened a lot in this game and will continue to happen. If people are feeling comfortable and confident that their alliance is gonna stay together right now and they're fine and sitting pretty -- not a good move. I don't think Russell is unnaturally paranoid, but his level of anxiety gives me a headache. You can't be in control of everything. You have to release some of your control freak tendencies and let the game play. You have to release some of your control freak tendencies and let the game play. You have to make your moves with how the game's playing and make the stars move for you at the right time. I for one am not trying to run around and chase people around all day. I'm gonna do what I wanna do, but will make sure the people who stay very loyal to me really feel loyal to me. Like, I'm working on Danielle to make sure she's solid with me, and that she would feel super-guilty and know I would be furious if she turned on me right now. If she tries to do it later, then whatever, that's fine, because it's to be expected. Everyone's been trying to vote me out since the first day of this game so the fact that I'm even here right now is against God's plan, basically. (laughs)"

There's Something About Colby

Sandra describes the power of Colby's charm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-R7oLfxgg

"Colby is a very smooth cat. He doesn't say too much, he helps out a lot, the girls love to look into his dreamy eyes, whatever color they are, and he gives them the attention they are not getting because we are out here in Samoa in the middle of the jungle, right? So I'm sure he's using all his charm to charm these girls into doing or keeping him around. I told him today, whatever you're doing is working, because these girls don't want you to go. You just let Rupert keep rustling feathers and complaining and whining and digging his own grave and he'll go before you. And he's like, 'Oh, I know.' Colby ain't a dumb cat, he's a smooth cat."

"Parvati also noticed the ladies tend to go where Colby goes even when they're not invited, and they whisper and they look at him and they're like (staring at the palm of her hand) stuck in conversation and don't know what's going on around them, because they're looking into his dreamy eyes and falling love."

"Whatever Colby has, Jerri and Danielle want it. Or they want to be with him. Or there's something about -- he doesn't talk too much strategy, he's the type of person who hears you out, and then he figures out if he wants in or if he doesn't. He's very smooth, he's suave, his mouth doesn't get him in trouble, he doesn't repeat what you tell him. They probably like the fact that they can tell him things and he won't go running off and blabbing."

Switching Sides

Candice defends her actions of going against her original tribemates and voting with the Villains at the previous Tribal Council

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5qxfbeGNzI

"Rupert and Colby kind of told me off this morning and said that they were disappointed in me, they had defended me, and I went against my alliance, and all that. But this is a game for a million dollars. I went with them and I did everything they said. I was in an alliance with them fully when we had the numbers. I made the play with them, I trusted them to play the idol and give it to Russell and trust Russell. That didn't work. We were down in numbers. Last night our choice was to go with Sandra, who flops all the time. For me to pin my whole game on Sandra, who flops time after time after time, and to also pin my game on Amanda, who has lied to me, and I hear she has told our plans about the vote when JT went home. I found out Amanda was playing for herself and not the team. I felt like the Villains had their plan together more than the Heroes did, and the Heroes weren't playing a flexible, smart game. I felt like I need to go with the Villains because these people, the Heroes, aren't playing the game."

The Love Triangle

Russell tries to figure out what it is about Colby that the girls of the tribe are attracted to so much

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yLYpeN3ZT4

"Colby is the main guy in the love triangle with Danielle and Jerri. That's a solid 3. Any time you have a solid 3 in this game, you gotta split it up immediately. When you see it coming you get rid of it before it hits you in the head. I believe he can also start winning individual immunity idols. He's also not part of my alliance. But the main reason I wanna get rid of Colby is because of the love triangle I see going on. He's flirting with Danielle, he's flirting with Jerri. They're starting to want to take him in. They're starting to want to save him. They want to save Colby so they can have his vote. I don't know what they plan on doing outside this game, but I think it's illegal to be married to more than one woman. But that seems to be the route they're trying to take. Maybe they can go to Utah or something. I think it's legal there."

"I don't know what it is about him. Is it his hat? I've got a hat. Is it he's good looking? I thought I was good looking. All of a sudden he's getting all the love out here. Where's my love? They should fall in love with me because I'm so damn good at this game and I could bring 'em to the end. I don't understand why people don't attach to me. Parvati's smart enough to attach to me. She knows how good I am. She knows I can take her all the way. I've been dragging her through the mud this entire time. I'm gonna take her to the final 3. Attach yourself to somebody who knows how to play the game, so they can protect you. Don't attach yourself to someone who doesn't even want to play the game, like Colby. He doesn't even play the game. What's he gonna do for you? Keep you warm at night. That's all he can do for you. And I can do that for you."

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor HvV Insider”