sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Insider odcinek 4:

Anything Can Happen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoCdYnCi ... B74x3xM%3D

Jay is worried by his tribe's decision to give away their immunity idol and go to Tribal Council.

"I hate to send that pretty little red idol over to them girls."

(cut)

"Unfortunately, and reluctantly, I'm going to go along with the tribe's decision. We're going to pass up the immunity idol, which we won fair and square today, and we're gonna send a guy home. To give back something we won and fought for, something that has that much stake in this game, to just give it away to the enemy, to me it makes no logical sense right now. Could it play out to our benefit long-term? Sure. Could it come back to bite us in the butt and we're just sitting there looking like a bunch of dummies? We'll just have to wait it out. I'm definitely not at peace about this. If I say no, the target's on my back, because I stopped everybody else's plan for having it. This is one of those decisions where you let the majority rule and you go with the flow."

(cut)

"I do know it's my decision and I know if I renege on what I said, that I would go through with this, that it ruffles more feathers within the tribe and I end up looking like the odd man out. That can't happen. So now you just sit back and hope and pray it doesn't backfire."

(cut)

"I do think Jeff is gonna be like, 'What in the world are you guys doing here?' When I first caught wind of the idea, I myself was like, I've watched Survivor for a long time, and when has this ever happened? Why do we want to be the first to try it? This game is definitely about making big moves. Look at our first vote-out - it was a blindside. And then here we go on this rave. It's been wild."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 5:

It's So Wonderful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHxb9DvN ... HZa2Y48%3D

Jay enjoys being on a tribe with women

"The first 11 days, 9-10-11, they started wearing on me. Being in a tribe full of drama, it didn't look too promising the last couple of days. It was starting to wear on me mentally as well. Once that switch was made, and I saw my team, it was new life. I needed that. It was extremely encouraging and reviving, to me, for this game."

(cut)

"I think having a tribe full of all men, there's gonna be a power struggle, there's gonna be a bunch of ego, let's-do-it-my-way, and if it's not done your way, there's gonna be a bunch of tension. It's just like girls. There's gonna be people running around trying to make alliances. It's not gonna be a unified group. Guys are guys - we were born to have women around. Once that switch was made, it's almost like all the drama was taken out of our camp, all the drama was taken out of the girls' camp, and put back on the Manono tribe. It made life peaceful around here. We have the beach to ourselves now, we don't have any egos competing for power. It's been peaceful."

(cut)

"It was night and day, literally. I felt like I was starving on our tribe. We literally were. We ate rice on the last 2 days we were on the Manono tribe, a cup of rice in the morning and a cup of rice in the evening. A cup of rice gets you nowhere with 8 guys. We come over here with the Salani tribe, with the switch, and it's like abundant food. We have peanut butter and jelly on top of that, from the reward challenge, and coffee. It's the first time I haven't been walking around thinking about food constantly. I was starving on the other one, so every five seconds I was talking about food, dreaming about food. It's not good for your morale if you're walking around thinking about what you don't have, whereas over there, I can work, I can rest, I know there's gonna be more food, I know before the next challenge, we're gonna be able to sip coffee and eat PB&J. It's so wonderful."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 6:

Deleted Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3pd8jt0 ... 6z4d5n0%3D

Jay

Treemail came in today. It was really vague as to what's going on. It doesn't say there is or isn't a challenge, but it does say both tribes will be going to Tribal Council tonight. It's up in the air as to what's going on. Everybody's on the edge of their pants. Like, what in the world's going on?

(cut)

In my mind, it's like, I hope we get there, there's some sort of challenge, and whoever wins gets to stay there and eat while the other tribe votes a man out. There's all kind of speculation right now, like one tribe could be sending one person home each, or we could all be voting as one huge tribe, sending one person home. We have no extra clues and nothing to draw off of, so we have to sit and wait.

(cut)

It just said both tribes will be going tonight. We don't know if anybody's going home. We don't know what to know. It's a helpless feeling, and it sucks.

(cut)

Best case scenario, we send one our their guys home, and get to eat. I hope that's what happens.

(cut)

Worst case scenario is I go home tonight, out of something crazy. You never know what's gonna happen. Split votes, tie votes, somebody has to draw a rock. Something crazy like that. Worst case scenario as a tribe is we have to send a person home.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 7:

Too Close For Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqP4FErQ ... ok56PDo%3D

Jay discusses the challenge and the resulting reward.

"The challenge, we didn't know how it was gonna go. I felt good about our chances of winning because we had me, Chelsea, Troy, and Sabrina together - we love working together, and we've been solid ever since Salani. Just kind of luck of the draw thing. We had a pretty big lead going in, and then Sabrina slowed down at the end. Mike, he dove under that thing, he was digging, got back in a hurry. We were like, 'Oh man, there goes our huge lead.' But Troy's super-good on puzzles. It was a nail-biter, man. I couldn't take it. I was like, 'Oh Lord, what's about to happen.' After we had that big lead, I did not want to watch those other people leave and go get pizza. It was fun but it was too close for me."

(cut)

"You know it's always gonna come down to a puzzle. You can be as physical as you want to be upfront, it's always that puzzle that makes you or breaks you."

(cut)

"Oh man, when we walked up off that beach and saw the pizza...I could have cared less about that beer, I wanted food. I think I had maybe two sips of beer, just because it was freezing cold. I definitely ate more than anybody there. I counted up pieces. It was more than a whole pizza to myself, then three or four more, then I ate the toppings off the other pizzas before we had to leave. It was heaven. Awesome. I ate until I couldn't eat anymore. I literally had to take the rest of the day easy. I was so full. If I'd have been over to get any more pieces of firewood, I would have thrown up everywhere. It was definitely a reward. That was my second food reward, too, so I'm praying I get to go on all those food rewards."

(cut)

"Those food rewards are amazing. They make a big difference, too."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 8:

Another Tarzan Moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAmEly04 ... 9RGJ1kA%3D

Jay discusses Tarzan's latest blunder.

"It's been raining since early last night. Pouring down rain. The tarp started leaking, it was blowing in from the side. Had a little bit of our shelter go flying; it's been pretty miserable."

(cut)

"I think we'll be alright if it doesn't rain a day straight, or something. I think we can do alright if it rains a little bit and then stops. The wind's kicking our butt right now."

(cut)

"I was laying on the ground when I heard Tarzan and everybody yelping back and forth. Tarzan jerked a piece of bamboo off the wall. It may not have been doing too much, but I think it was part of the wall, for sure. Everybody was thinking, here he is trying to pull our shelter apart trying to make firewood, when we have plenty of firewood on the ground to make fire. Another Tarzan moment."

(cut)

"I don't think he screwed up the shelter, but I do think he was in the wrong that it was part of the shelter. I don't think it was a vital part of the wall, but it was still part of the wall."

(cut)

"Tarzan does his own thing around here, and if it coincides with somebody else's what he should have done, then it always causes a ruckus."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 9 - 3 filmiki:

Secret Scene: Jay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5jb1vJ8 ... 67rkW18%3D

Jay is frustrated with Kat being a rice Nazi.

(Christina and Alicia are in the ocean; various other people are sitting in the shelter as Kat watches the rice)

Female: Is it ready?

(Kat puts rice in a small coconut shell and hands it over)

Kat (solo): Everybody has their role they wanna play. I've been feeding these people since day 1. I make the best rice here.

Jay: Make sure we have even scoops.

Christina: I think everybody can probably have one more scoop.

Kat: You don't think I know that? I always give you guys an extra scoop, I just have to give the first round first.

Jay (solo): Watching Kat cook, she protects that pot. She's definitely a rice Nazi. She doesn't want anyone else to touch it, to season it. She thinks she's the queen chef. I'm pretty sure Kat's cooking the rice just so she can have more than anybody.

(Kat mutters about cleaning out the rest of the pot)

Jay: Give it to them.

Kat: Why? They got just as much as everybody else did. Because it's all even. Everybody's even. I'll eat extra. (Kat cleans out the pot and eats the rest)

Jay (solo): It's tough to see her scoop out more for herself than anybody else, but what can I say? I'm trying to play the game the best I can. You just have to bite your tongue, not cause any drama. I don't want her pissed off at me for calling her out.

A Threat You Can Trust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArFld1jV ... 5zyYJaw%3D

Jay hopes his alliance trusts him, even though he is seen as a threat.

"Today's challenge, we had the little ordeal where we had this little chain hooked to a bucket of water, and we couldn't lower our arm down. I really wasn't anticipating doing too well into it; I've broken a few bones on this (right) side, my collarbone, my wrist, and they've given me a lot of troubles. I definitely wanted to hold out until food came out. That was my only objective. I wasn't worried about winning, I just wanted some good food out of it."

(cut)

"I think I could have got to the end with Chelsea for immunity. I was feeling comfortable up there. At the same time, I think my alliance is strong and solid enough to stick with their vote. I was just looking to get some goods."

(cut)

"Tonight, we really are gonna vote Alicia out. That's what I told Alicia today in the challenge, if she took my food I'm gonna vote her out. There's a little bit of truth to that at the moment, so that's what we're gonna stick with."

(cut)

"I'm not really worried about them doing anything to me. If it happens, it happens, but..."

(cut)

"I trust my two girls, which are Kim and Chelsea."

(cut)

"If anything went crazy, I still think Alicia's going home, regardless."

(cut)

"I am a big threat, but at the same time, I'm a big threat that can be trusted with two people that want to go to the end. If you don't wanna go to the end with me, you better take me out soon, because right now, I'm in a very strong alliance, and we're putting people on the chopping block and it's working."

(cut)

"I do feel safe, but again, this is Survivor, anything can happen. We'll see if my chicken wings were worth a million bucks tonight."

Jay The Day After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUVkMG2r ... RIXOXU4%3D

Jay reflects on his time in the game the day after he is voted out of Survivor: One World

"I had a blast."

(cut)

"Looking back, you would make a few changes. Like at the end, when I stepped down for chicken wings, thinking I was safe, and I ended up going home that night. I was really surprised and shocked, just how much you learn about yourself, and other people, and life in general, in just 25 short days. It was a blessing the whole way through."

(cut)

"I thought about home a lot during the game. My relationships with people - friends, family. Where I want to go after this. It made me think wow, I take too much for granted. I've been to four other countries before this, so I knew how to do without the material side, but it's the first time I'd been away from home that long, so it made me appreciate family and friends a lot more. It made me realize I'm on the go a whole lot at home, and I need to stop and soak in the small moments a lot more."

(cut)

"I do believe it's changed me. Just thinking about going home and sitting with my grandparents for a longer period of time, or spending more time with my nephews out in the yard. Little things like that. I definitely want to invest myself more in my family than I have been. It makes you a stronger person, because you realized you can do just as much on an island with no food, no resources, versus having everything at your fingertips. I think it makes you a smarter individual. You learn to improvise more. Your mind's always racing out there. Overall I think you walk away much stronger, much smarter, and you have more of a positive outlook on life. You want to hit the ground running more when you get home."

(cut)

"I'm hoping they think I tried to play a nice, honest game, but also that I was a lot more conniving than they thought. I hope I made them proud that I didn't make a fool of myself too often. I'm hoping they saw I was a strong competitor. I'm not sure how they're gonna see me stepping down for food - I'm not sure anybody thought I would ever step down for food. You sit on the couch and watch and think, 'You're stepping down for a piece of bread? What an idiot.' Overall I hope I represented my family well, my city well. We'll just have to wait and see what they think."

(cut)

"Everybody always judges that you're a fool when you step down for food. #1, it really is, if you can, if you think you're safe, it's extremely important to step down and take that food, because that's what's gonna get you through the next couple of days. They also don't realize how many alliances you've made, what's going on, strategically, in the game. When I stepped down, the only reason I did is because the person I thought was going home had already stepped down, so I knew she wasn't gonna win immunity. I really trusted in my alliance at the time. Also, I didn't know Troy was going to play an idol at the time. There's so many factors I don't think the audience really realizes how quickly it changes. That night, before Tribal, everything got shifted, the last 10 minutes, before leaving for Tribal. It looks like maybe not the smartest decision, but at the time it was the wisest decision for me, so...that's the game for you. You never know what can happen."

(cut)

"I am proud of the way I played. I didn't really know if I was gonna come in and tell a million lies, a few lies, or just try to get around the truth. For the most part, I did. I tried to get around the truth without telling too many lies. More importantly, I had fun. That was the biggest thing for me. Come out here, have fun, get as far as I could. I wouldn't change a thing."

(cut)

"Dealing with all the personalities was 10 times harder than going without food. I'm not a suck-up. If I don't like somebody, it's pretty easily shown. The biggest part for me was when somebody said something I disagreed with, or I thought was stupid, or whatever, you have to bite your tongue and keep going on with a smile. Putting up with that type of drama and still being <air> friends </air> with those people at the time..."

(cut)

"That's way harder than going without food."

(cut)

"The whole experience was just from day 1, realizing you're gonna be on your own in the middle of nowhere, with a bunch of knuckleheads you've never met before..."

(cut)

"The whole thing, it opens you up to people, it opens you up to relationships, just the way you think about life, how you really embrace people. It really taught me overall just to I guess have more of an open mind towards everybody."

(cut)

"I'm the type of person who tries to live life to the fullest every day, but this right here makes you appreciate it and see how much more you really can live each day, and take advantage of the life you've been given. It definitely makes me appreciate family, food more, just life in general."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

&#8220;I Stepped Down Thinking I Was Safe&#8221; &#8211; \Exclusive Interview with Survivor: One World&#8217;s Jay

Jay (right) seemed willing to go with the flow in Survivor. He was never on the main alliance in the original Manono, but Jay thought he was in tight with the new Salani alliance. What happened? Did Jay have a clue? And does he resent new Salani for blindsiding him? Find out this and more right here!

R: Hi, Jay, and thanks for talking to us.

Jay: Hello.

R: What did you think when you found out the original tribes were going to be split men vs. women?

Jay: That was the biggest shocker of the game for me. I didn&#8217;t want that and I definitely didn&#8217;t see it coming.

R: In this week&#8217;s episode, you dropped out of the immunity challenge for food. Why did you feel so safe even after seeing two men leave in a row?

Jay: Well, just going back to my new Salani alliance, I really felt like they were going to stick with this whole plan of sending a girl home. I think I had it out for Alicia more than anybody.

I stepped down thinking I was safe &#8211; looking in the future. And that was my problem. I should have never thought past that night&#8217;s vote.

R: What did you think when you found out that Troy had the immunity idol &#8211; he hadn&#8217;t told you that before.

Jay: Me and Troy had always talked about if somebody found an idol, he would be the one to tell me or I&#8217;d tell him and we&#8217;d figure out how to use it for us to stay as long as possible. But he told me at such a last minute&#8217;s notice, I was thinking, &#8220;Well, great. This screws everything up because the votes are going for him.&#8221; The last-minute notice just sort of jacked up everything.

R: Then you told Kim about Troy&#8217;s having the idol. Do you think that was a mistake?

Jay: Even if I wouldn&#8217;t have, I don&#8217;t think there were enough votes to send anybody else home. I guess the remaining votes probably still would have been against me. But I did that because I thought if I did, she would see that I really was trying to work with them. I knew they were going to go after Troy sometime. I told them that I would help them do that. So I just figured we&#8217;d get his idol out of play and then we&#8217;d get him next time.

R: When did you get worried you might be in trouble at the coming Tribal Council? You seemed pretty confident for most of the episode.

Jay: I don&#8217;t know. I woke up with an eerie feeling that day, but still I felt safe for some reason &#8211; long enough to step down. Literally, it seemed like everything hit the fan right before we left for Tribal Council. It seemed like going to Tribal Council nobody knew what was going to happen.

R: Several of the previous contestants we&#8217;ve interviewed have described you as &#8220;wishy-washy&#8221; in regards to your strategy and alliances. How do you respond to that?

Jay: In Survivor, of course I&#8217;m not going to have one strategy. My strategy was to come in and be flexible and to try to lay low as best as possible. I mean, wishy-washy&#8230; I definitely had to go against some plans early on because I was in the bottom three of the guys.

R: Is that why you decided to switch from the all-male alliance to the new Salani alliance even though you had only been in the new tribe for a very short time?

Jay: Yeah. Anybody who wants to send their own player home after they win immunity, I&#8217;m not going to trust them for anything. I mean, that was super retarded. Just looking at Tarzan, you never knew which way he was going to vote or where his head was at. The all male alliance was impossible for me to go with.

R: Why did every one of the men agree to go to Tribal Council after winning immunity &#8211; even the guys like you who were in the minority alliance? If even one of you had said no, it wouldn&#8217;t have happened.

Jay: Literally, I have no clue. I don&#8217;t know why everyone was so gung ho about it. I voiced my opinion. I hated the decision, but I seemed to be the only one later on and I was already at the bottom [of the tribe hierarchy].

R: We saw Leif vote for Alicia last night. Do you know where Leif stands in the game? It seems like he doesn&#8217;t get talked about as a voting factor too much.

Jay: I think, at that point, he seemed like a swing vote. Whoever talked to him would tell him who to vote for. That seemed to be his plan.

R: How did you feel watching the episode last night and seeing how confident you were?

Jay: Looking back, everything&#8217;s a lot clearer on this side. Honestly, I was disgusted to see how it all played out. But at the time I chose to trust those girls.

R: You seemed to think Troyzan&#8217;s concerns that the women were voting the men out were just paranoia &#8211; even after they voted fellow new Salani member Mike out. Why was that?

Jay: I don&#8217;t know. I think then I just committed myself to trust Kim and Chelsea. I didn&#8217;t like the decision to send Mike home. Troy didn&#8217;t like Mike early on in the game.

R: What surprised you most about Survivor?

Jay: Obviously, the whole guys vs. girls tribes. I think I had mentally prepared for it to be extremely physically tough. I guess the biggest surprise would be how crazy the paranoia is and how little sleep you get because of everybody running around and how much talking on the side there is. It seems like every time you turn around, somebody&#8217;s leaving to go talk to somebody.

R: Is there anything you saw watching the show on TV that really shocked or surprised you?

Jay: I guess seeing Tarzan and Jonas go at it and seeing that side of them was really hilarious. But I knew he was crazy, so it wasn&#8217;t as surprising as seeing Kim planning to call me out and get everyone to vote for me &#8211; a nice little blindside surprise.

R: Is there anything else you&#8217;d like to tell our readers about yourself or your experiences in the game?

Jay: I consider myself honored and blessed to have had the opportunity to be one of just under 400 people to have ever played the game of Survivor. For me it was a complete positive. I have no hard feelings for anybody. I have nothing but love for my fellow castmates. I had a blast and I&#8217;d do it all over again. It was awesome.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 24 - uczestnicy”