Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Wywiad z Matt'em:

Matt’s Survivor journey focused heavily on his religious beliefs, so it’s not surprising that his interview did as well. Does he feel God had a plan for him in the game? How did God carry him? What did he think his chances were if he’d made it back from Redemption Island again? And what was his biggest regret? Matt answers all of these and more!

R: I wasn’t the only one who felt that way, as the very first question asked of Matt inquired what God’s plan was for him going on Survivor. I thought it was kind of an oddly-worded question since Matt could only tell us what he thought the plan was, and that is somewhat the way Matt answered. He paused and then gave his answer:

Matt: It’s a serious question and I don’t want to take it too lightly. I felt like He wanted me to trust Him and take a risk and try to allow Him to use me in a game filled with lying and deceit, and encourage people. I wanted to show people the peace, joy, love, and strength I found in Jesus, my savior. That’s what I tried to do. My vision is so limited and I may never see the full effects of it but that’s what I think.

R: Continuing in the religious theme, Matt was asked if he felt like he reached a certain point, after being on Redemption Island for so long, that he expected to win like it was part of God’s plan.

Matt: It was never necessarily that God was carrying me in the game but rather that He was carrying my actual being each day. I did kind of felt like I was going to keep winning – I got so used to it. I was in disbelief in that last duel, I was like, “Wait… how did that happen?” I don’t think it was necessarily about God carrying me further in the game but giving me the strength to continue forward.

R: I followed up on that theme, which went nicely with some of the questions I’d planned on asking. I wondered, “You attributed everything to God – was there any outcome that you wouldn’t have attributed to Him?”

Matt : That’s a tricky question. I’m not God; I’m a 22-year-old boy with long (or what used to be long) blond hair. I don’t know the will and purposes of God. For me personally, I really loved my unique Survivor story I had. I played with my heart and don’t think I can do anything but hold my head high. I’d say honestly my biggest regret would be messing up other people’s games with my big mouth. But I can’t really answer that question.

R: OK, then how about a more direct one: “Do you truly believe God plays a direct role in a reality TV game show?”

Matt: The thing about Christianity it’s not like God works here and there – it’s our life and I believe he has a hand in everything. Once again, where do you draw the line? There’s all this pain and sorrow and tragedy in the world, why is He helping this goofy kid on Survivor? I don’t know the answer but I had to fully depend on him with my being – not to progress in the game but to survive in Redemption Island. I would lie there thinking I was going to die; He really gave me the strength to keep going and keep living. That was the strength I was trying to convey.

R: I should note that Mike, who was on the same conference call and who has also talked about his religious beliefs, chimed in “to piggy back on what Matt was saying.” He gave his thought, that “God’s presence is everywhere but the outcome of Survivor might not be big on his radar. He’s got a lot of things in the works.”

Leaving religion behind, I asked Matt about the game itself. Specifically, if he had gotten back into the main game once again, does he think he would have had a chance to win, based on surviving for so long at Redemption Island?

Matt: I think I would have as good a shot as anybody. Winning ten duels, I think I could have carried that momentum with me and maybe done well in the two immunity challenges and found myself in the finals. I don’t think I could have gotten people to vote with me, but it would have come to me winning two immunity challenges. And I just fell a little short and found myself leaving the game in good company.

R: What about when he came back the first time and almost followed through on a deal with Mike to turn the game upside-down? How much thought had he put into that possibility?

Matt: They didn’t show this but me and Mike had the same plan without talking to each other. On Redemption Island, I was concocting all these different things I could do and then Mike came to me and I knew Andrea was going to want to flip. What I didn’t expect was Andrea thinking she was so high in the Ometepe alliance. She thought she was number three, so there was no chance she was going to flip. I knew there was still a target on my back; that was when I talked to Rob to try to earn his trust. There was a tangible unrest and I was trying to rid myself of that. I put a bigger target on my back and screwing it up for Mike. If I have one regret, it’s that I messed up Mike’s game.

R: At the final jury, even after being blindsided by Rob twice, he still voted to give him the money. Why?

Matt: I’d have to say my vote was based on Survivor excellence. Even though I played a very different game from Rob intentionally, I still love the game and he deserved the million dollars.

R: What kind of reaction has he gotten from fans so far?

Matt: Since I cut my hair early on, people on the street haven’t noticed me until this weekend. Where I go to school, it hasn’t been a big deal but I’ve gotten a lot of support from friends and family. It’s really humbling knowing how many people I have behind me.

R: With all those people behind him (and almost getting him the Sprint player of the game prize), many want to see him play again. What would he do differently?

Matt: If I were to play again, I wouldn’t want to divulge my strategy to you now. I’d love to go back and have the opportunity, but I’m not sure if I would or not.

Obrazek

bobaas
5th jury member
Kontakt:

Post autor: bobaas »

Wygląda na to, że Matt został aktorem. Ogladam sobie 7 odcinek PLL i mnie na drugiej scenie z jego postacią naszlo, ze skad ten ryj znam i ten glos slyszalem. Wcale nie byla to taka mala rola, a z tego co czytam to pojawil sie juz wczesniej w 4 sezonie, na pogrzebie Wildena. Wystepuje pod nazwiskiem Nash Wyatt.
Obrazek

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Matt

Kariera aktorska Matta trwa dalej. Pojawił się w finale 3 sezonu Riverdale, a od sezonu czwartego będzie już w obsadzie na stałe.

Awatar użytkownika
Roxy
sole survivor
Winners at War: Parvati
Kontakt:

Matt

Post autor: Roxy »

Kogo tam zagrał? Nie zwróciłam uwagi :lol:

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Matt

Postać grana przez niego to Charles Smith.

Awatar użytkownika
Roxy
sole survivor
Winners at War: Parvati
Kontakt:

Matt

Post autor: Roxy »

:lol: nie poznałabym :D się wkręcił w główną dramę :lol:

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 22 - uczestnicy”