Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Wywiad z Ashley:

Ashley came just seconds away from winning a third immunity challenge in a row and making it to the final three. Does she think she had a chance to win? Would she have taken Rob along? What strategic moves does she say she made along the way? Why did she vote for Rob to win instead of her friend, Natalie? Ashley discusses all of this and more!

R: Indeed, we’ll begin by talking about perhaps her nemesis on the show, Phillip!

Ashley: You saw how much Phillip and I clashed. That was no surprise. I have a really strong personality and it was hard to keep things in. That’s why you saw the facial expressions, because that was easier than blowing up at him. I wouldn’t ever want to live with him again, but I’d go have lunch with him.

R: Now that would be an interesting lunch to attend! But let’s get to the game rather than personalities. Does Ashley now understand why Natalie went with Rob instead of her?

Ashley: Watching it last night brought back the feelings. I still would rather she had voted for Phillip rather than Ashley herself and if I’d gone in a tiebreaker. She knew she had no chance of winning. So basically she chose Rob to win over me.

R: I hadn’t really thought of it that way, but if Natalie truly didn’t believe she had a chance to win, that is kind of accurate. What about Ashley’s relationship with Rob? Earlier she’d seemed to perhaps not be as heavily aligned with Rob.

Ashley: Natalie and I were the closest from the beginning, but Rob approached us on Day 2. We had a really tight alliance and as the game went on, I saw more and more of the control Rob had. We were so deep at that point that to make a jump might have gotten rid of Rob and might have helped us for maybe one or two Tribal Councils, but I don’t think I would have gotten as far as I did.

R: I’m honestly not quite sure I understand what she was saying here, but she moved on to the next question, which asked essentially if she felt she was as much a puppet – being told what to do by Rob – as Natalie was, or if she was playing more individually.

Ashley: I think it was a mixture of both. At the start, we were clearly taking our lead from Rob, but as it got down to less people, I was thinking of making a plan for myself. In my head, I ran through different scenarios and I don’t think Natalie was doing that at all. I knew I had built a good relationships with the people on the jury so I knew I had to win those last three challenges in a row and just came up a little short in the last one.

R: So if she had won the final immunity challenge, would she have taken Rob or Phillip and Natalie?

Ashley: I honestly want to say I would have taken Phillip and Natalie but I think at that point I was so stick-to-your-alliance and be-that-trustworthy-person, take Rob. I think I would have had winning three in a row and the relationships in the jury, I would have had a really good chance and that’s obviously why Rob didn’t take me.

R: At this point, Andrea, who shared the conference call interview, jumped in to say, “I would have considered voting for you. It would have been a lot tougher.” I know she meant it in a nice way, but Ashley had to feel that sting just a little bit given how close she was to winning that final immunity challenge! Of course, Ashley had felt the sting of Andrea’s words previously – when she had noted that Ashley hadn’t made any strategic moves. She didn’t like the comment then, so what moves does she believe she made?

Ashley: It doesn’t take one person to blindside people, everybody has to be on board. Andrea will vouch for this, a lot of people we voted out, it was our idea. Was it made to look that way? No. The initial Matt blindside, that was brought on by me, Grant, Natalie, and Rob, not just a one-person thing. The whole Grant thing was a huge threat and I think that was a huge point in the game. If he had made it to the end, there was no question in my mind he would have won hands down. Everybody’s going to have their opinions but until you’re in the game and see how difficult it is, it’s easy to make assumptions.

R: Well, she may be right, but I really don’t see how she answered the question. Blindsides are not one-person moves – she’s right about that. But that doesn’t mean she engineered them, and she doesn’t even claim she did! As for the Grant elimination, I don’t really see that there was a choice there – she won immunity and Rob pretty much had no other option given the choice he’d already made to take to the final three! Sorry, Ashley, but I’m just not getting it. Even when she was asked about for how long she’d known about Rob having the immunity idol, she unknowingly revealed how in the dark she was compared to Natalie. Natalie had said in her interview that she knew about the idol since before the first Matt blindside. When Ashley was asked, she talked about it and discussed further Andrea’s return from Redemption Island:

Ashley: He told us right after the merge. It wasn’t shown, he told Natalie, Grant, and I. He told us that and we knew in the back of our mind and Andrea didn’t know he had an idol. It was the last Tribal Council he could use the idol so we knew – why not use it? And he did. We’re not going to vote for him. The next biggest threat was Andrea, she fought her way back into the game.

R: But if she knew for that length of time, why not try to blindside him and take him out when he wasn’t planning to use the idol?

Ashley: He, like we’ve been saying, made everybody feel comfortable all along. We just didn’t talk to each other and that was our obvious mistake in the game and what we all regret. We were programmed to not talk to each other and if we did, we were pegged as being sneaky. That’s why none of us ever wanted to do that.

R: Earlier, Ashley had mentioned how Rob needed to get rid of her before the final three. Does that mean she believes she would have beaten Rob in the end?

Ashley: I definitely think I would have had a good chance – winning three immunities in a row, I made good relationships and heard from the jurors that they didn’t want to vote for Rob, but sitting next to Natalie and Phillip, it was so clear-cut that it was a no-brainer. What can you do? I might not have played as strategically as Rob – he was on a different level – but it’s a social game too. If you piss everybody off on the jury that obviously isn’t going to help you that much.

R: So then, would she have wanted to get rid of Rob, or was she actually better off, in her mind, to go to the final three with him if she’d had the chance?

Ashley: That’s the thing, I wanted to get rid of Grant because I had a better chance against Rob. Grant would have won against anyone. Everybody loved him and he was a physical threat.

R: But of course Ashley didn’t make it to the final three and had to cast a vote instead. Was it a difficult decision? Did she think about voting for Natalie because of their friendship?

Ashley: For me, I said I was going to vote for the person who was most deserving. Natalie and I were friends but she wasn’t the most deserving. Rob played brilliantly. I wanted to reward whoever played the best game.

Obrazek

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 22 - uczestnicy”