sole survivor
Kontakt:

Matt

Post autor: Jack »

Obrazek

Matt Elrod (22)

Plemię - Ometepe

Zawód - Pre-Med Student

Powód do dumy - My decision to lead my own life.

Życiowa inspiracja - I think that there are so many people worthy of being deemed "a hero" in everyday life that are overlooked. So, I'm going to say people who put others before themselves.

Hobby - Athletics, reading and exploring.

Co Cię denerwuje - People who act out for attention.

3 słowa, które Cię opisują - Mysterious, impulsive and deep.

Do jakiego rozbitka jesteś najbardziej podobny - Any contestant who has played the game with honesty and integrity.

Powód bycia w Survivor - I've always wanted to live off the land and I think it would be a fun experience to compete on the show.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Fabio 2.0? Kolejny długowłosy blond serfer. Kurcze, producenci zamiast wyszukiwać ciekawe osobowości raczej powielają oklepane schematy. Czy będzie miał więcej mądrego do powiedzenia od poprzednika?

Awatar użytkownika
Gienek
6th jury member
Winners at War: Tony
Survivor AU All Stars: David
Kontakt:

Post autor: Gienek »

Nie będzie w stanie dorównać Fabiowi :wink:
Come on in,guys!

Awatar użytkownika
Roxy
sole survivor
Winners at War: Parvati
Kontakt:

Post autor: Roxy »

moje peirwsze skojarzenie
Fabio vol 2 xddd

Vogue.
6th jury member
Kontakt:

Post autor: Vogue. »

słonko pisze:moje peirwsze skojarzenie
Fabio vol 2 xddd
hahahah moje też :).
ale po oglądnięciu odcinka stwierdzam, że nie jest do niego podobny. Fabio to był taki śmieszny głupek, wprowadzał śmiech do plemienia, poczucie humoru, a Matt mam wrażenie, że to dobry duch, miły dla wszystkich, raczej bez specjalnej strategii (nie żeby Fabio ją miał XD), ale zobaczymy :D

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

It Was Humbling

Matt is thankful and humbled after winning five duels in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjr-Lh08BiM

"I dunno, it was really humbling for me, today's duel was. I'm not sure why. To win 5 duels in a row, it shows me that my god wants me to be here for a reason and he chose me, and I'm just thankful and humble that I'm still here. I'm gonna take today off and rest and have peace."

(cut)

"My state of mind is really kind of peaceful. I was subtly worried about Stephanie, because I knew she was a smart girl and definitely wanted to stay out here. I definitely feel a lot of relief and a lot of peace right now. I'm very happy to be back home on Redemption Island and looking forward to taking the day off and relaxing."

(cut)

"I definitely think I'm gaining a lot of strategic points from everyone that comes to Redemption Island. Stephanie offered up a ton of info on her tribe that pretty much inside information."

(cut)

"Judging by what she said about the people that they are, I think I'd like to stick with my own Ometepe tribe, but you can't judge a book by what just a few people say; you have to find out for yourself. She definitely provided me with some valuable information. From a strategy standpoint I feel like I'm probably in the best spot in the game, knowing pretty much what both sides are doing."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 8:

Spectacular Day

Matt enjoys being off of Redemption Island and back in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CtAgJzI9Ug

"The merge feast was one of the things, a small driving factor, for me on Redemption Island. I was like, 'I want to get to the merge feast. That's what I want.' When I first came up to camp, I didn't see any of the food, but the second I saw it, all my senses were overwhelmed. I didn't know what to do. I just started eating. It was so good. The chocolate, the dried fruit, the bread, the nuts, the brushetta. It was just unbelievable. I was just sitting there. It was a surreal moment. I'm actually back in the game, with all these people, eating the merge feast, just like I wanted to. It was a great moment. It was a spectacular day, from winning the last duel, to rejoining, to going and meeting everyone, and enjoying the food with them. It was really a special moment."

(cut)

"I think everyone was happy to be at the merge. Everyone was thoroughly enjoying themselves. It was a great time. People were telling stories and having fun. It's been a really good vibe, but I think if things get harder, pent-up frustrations may kind of build within people as we get less and less sleep together and the food kind of runs out. I think the vibe will stay good, but it will start deteriorating. I don't think it will stay at teh high level it's been since we got here."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

God Got Me Through It

Matt reveals how he survived his time on Redemption Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7LIv0gu44Q

"My faith played every role in me coming back into this game. I would have lost to Krista, I probably wouldn't have even won three challenges, if I hadn't had my faith. I've had my daily Bible verses - one for each day of the week that my dad gave me - and I've been going through those every single day and praying devoutly every single day. If it were not for that I would not have the strength to do what I did. All glory and credit to God because He's the one who got me through Redemption Island. Lord willing He still has plans for me in this game and if He does I'm willing to oblige."

(cut)

"I absolutely do feel my faith can carry me to the end of this game. I don't want people to perceive my faith as a magical genie in a bottle - that's not what it is - but what it is, it's a quiet inner strength and an inner peace that doesn't come from anywhere else. It comes from above. That's how I kept my sanity out there. God was holding me in His hand. It was just such a loving God, and that's what I want people to see through this experience. I don't want them to see, 'Oh, if I follow Christ, my life's gonna be great, everything's gonna work out,' because it's difficult. But there's a piece that's beyond all knowledge and understanding and wisdom, that you know when God's holding you. That's what I feel right now, and currently, even if I go back to Redemption Island, I'm gonna be OK. I just want to be in this game as long as I can."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 9:

I Have to be Faithful

After being put back on Redemption Island, Matt relies on his faith to further himself in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjZDP1SSoL4

"I believe I've achieved everything I've come out here to achieve. I didn't want to change my character, I didn't want to compromise on that, and I haven't, and yeah, it came back and really bit me on the butt, and it hurt, really deep. But I've worked hard, and I haven't quit, and I'm never gonna quit, just because it's not my plan. God put me here and I have to be faithful and trust in him and not myself."

(cut)

"I've been honest, I've tried to make that work, but I've learned you can't really play the game of Survivor and be 100% honest with people. It just doesn't work. I've learned that, and I guess fortunately for me, or unfortunate for me, there's a way to progress in this game by winning challenges and simply surviving. That whole aspect is kind of removed from the deceptive, manipulative, betrayal aspect I'm far removed from at this point. I guess I'm glad I'm still in the game, but..."

(cut)

"You can't trust anyone. I rely on my friends and my family for strength and just to help me get through the day. My entire life I've been surrounded by really, really good people who deeply care about me, but out here, it's clear no one really cares about me. To further myself in the game I have to be selfish and I have to look after myself and cut other people's throats. That goes against everything I've ever thought, every philosophy I've ever had, everything I was taught growing up. It goes against every fiber of my being to do those things. Yeah, I could, but it's not worth it to me and that's what's so hard for me."

(cut)

"But I understand I've been given a platform. I don't think anyone could argue that I've made it out here what my estimate is will be 25 total days, winning 11 duels."

(cut)

"God's name is gonna be clearly stated by this. His power will be evident to everyone who sees it. That's my only motivation for continuing right now in this game. I'm gonna do my best to be at joy and be content in my situation, and I know that God'll take care of the rest."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 10:

Like a Roller Coaster

Matt admits that he has had his ups and downs on Redemption Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_L9sAnVoh4

"Redemption Island really is like a roller coaster. You can have high moments and low moments. After the second time of being put out here, I was really low, and it really hurt me, and I just wanted out of the game. Then I won the duel yesterday with Mike, or I guess I got second, but..."

(cut)

"I think just being with Mike is relaxing. I've kind of gotten used to the whole idea of Redemption Island again. It's kind of the way it was the first time. It's a little bit easier, a little bit nicer, and just relaxing. I'm happy to still just be in the game, and I have Mike here with me too. I don't know how long that will last, but at the same time, I'm still in the game, but I don't have to deal with the stress and anxiety between the two tribes back at camp. I'm very blessed today and very thankful to still be here."

(cut)

"Yesterday I had so much trouble and was just missing my family and wanted to be with them. I felt like I was just wasting away. As I focused on my family last night and this morning, and focused on my friends, they'd want me to keep pushing through this, they'd want me to, and they're encouraging me with their prayers. I'm only gonna play Survivor once, and I know I have the support of my friends and family back home. There's no point to give up. God continues to give me the strength day after day I need to get through the day. If it's His will, I'll continue to win, maybe."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 12:

Mike's Decision

Matt is glad that he did not have to make the decision that Mike did on the loved ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvm40P2nEck

"Oh, man. When we walked in, I was on cloud 9 after getting the message from my brother. Then finding out only one person was eliminated, and only the winner of the duel would get to have time with his loved one. I just knew I had to win this duel. I went out, and I had the wrong technique - I was going overhand, probably should have been going underhand. But you know what, I'm glad it wasn't me who had to make that decision, because I don't think I would be able to make the decision Mike had. It was definitely tough. I was not envious of Mike's win today. I'm just glad to still be here another day."

(cut)

"Everybody at camp's pretty down. Obviously Mike wanted to spend time with his mom."

(cut)

"But it was a really tough decision, because the Ometepe tribe has not been nice to any of the Zapatera members."

(cut)

"For him to bury the olive branch like that and offer them peace and love them more than they love themselves, that was really powerful, and I'm really proud of him for making that decision. That's why I'm glad he won, because I don't think I could have done it."

(cut)

"When I was sitting there, I thought he was gonna choose me and Ralph, and I was thinking, please don't, because I wouldn't have been able to bear it, knowing he sacrificed being with his loved one for us. I felt like he was gonna make the right decision, and he was gonna pick it for the whole group, and not for just us, because it wouldn't have been fair for someone out here on Redemption Island to have their loved one, and the other two, or the other one, not. We have each other out here, and it's another day out here on Redemption Island. Time to move forward."

(cut)

"My view hasn't changed of Mike. I've always respected him since I first started spending time out here. It took a huge, very big man, with a very big heart, to make the decision he made today. I applaud him, and I look forward to continuing our friendship. We've had a great friendship blossom out here, and I can't wait to carry it on outside the game."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 13:

Duel #10

Matt is proud of surviving his tenth duel in a row.

brak filmiku na YT

"Duel #10 today. I'm very fortunate and blessed to have won it, I believe. It was a pretty fun duel. You had a table maze with a peg you had to move all the way through it. That was kind of fun. Much more difficult than I thought it was gonna be. I kind of got a slow start to it, but I smashed the tile and had to do the jigsaw puzzle. I made pretty good progress in the jigsaw puzzle..."

(cut)

"Then I realized I had spelled Redemption "oin" instead of "ion" because it was a trapezoid piece. Flipped it around, and I'm just blessed enough and humbled to still be here."

(cut)

"I feel absolutely great right now. I'm thrilled to still be in the game. I'm gonna make it through 28 days, I think, on Redemption Island, which was one of my goals. I've been humbled by God in the last few duels, because I think I've squeaked out third place or last place multiple times. He's saying, 'I'm the one who's doing this, not you.' Today was really humbling for me. It's God's will again, and if He wants me to go forward, I'll go forward. I'll be so thankful then as well."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor