sole survivor
Kontakt:

Mike

Post autor: Jack »

Obrazek

Mike Chiesl (31)

Plemię - Zapatera

Zawód - Former Marine

Powód do dumy - Bringing all my Marines home after my first deployment to Iraq.

Życiowa inspiracja - My grandfather. He was a B-17 Navigator during World War II and spent two years in a POW Camp.

Hobby - Scuba-diving, football and golf.

Co Cię denerwuje - Selfishness and laziness.

3 słowa, które Cię opisują - Determined, disciplined and outgoing/outspoken.

Do jakiego rozbitka jesteś najbardziej podobny - Rudy. Nobody was intimidated by him, so he wasnÂ’t voted out early and he had the ability to tough it out.

Powód bycia w Survivor - Winning the competition and earning the million dollar prize.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

kolejny pseudo heros, pewnie dojdzie do połączenia ze względu na siłę, ale wywalą go bo nikt nie będzie chciał go w finale. Strasznie się wynudziłem oglądając jego wywiad.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 8:

Building Trust With Matt

Mike reveals his level of trust in Matt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CiHmAxyk7E

"Matt and I shared some Bible verses yesterday. He's very much a believer in God; I am as well. I'm trying to learn more and more every day about the Bible and working on my own faith. That's some common ground that we share to where we have a little bit of implicit trust in one another. That's aside from the game, but albeit aside from the game, it's a trust-builder."

(cut)

"My gut at this point tells me to trust Matt. He's been very discreet with me. He has been very discreet with his interactions with me. He could be totally playing me, but I believe he's telling me the truth at this point. We're gonna find out at tonight's vote one way or another. If he's not telling the truth, we're hosed. If he's telling the truth, we gotta chance at this thing."

(cut)

"I believe that Matt has a trust for me as well, and I'm gonna look out for his best interests if he's looking out for mine. I have the ability to take him deep in this game if he can show trust in me and I can show trust in him."

(cut)

"We have a big tribe. 12 votes is a huge number of votes at Tribal Council. Votes could be scattered all over the place. However that's not what my gut tells me. I think Rob has a serious lockdown on his tribe and his votes are going to be strategic, planned down to the minutia. I think it's gonna be basically be Russia firing on the United States, salvo versus salvo, whose bombs land first."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 9:

Inspiration from the Past

Mike finds inspiration in his grandfather's life and accomplishments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FouL4KZ-BOE

"So this morning, Matt and I headed over to treemail and turns out my luxury item was there. Really really nice to have, a piece of home. A photograph of my grandfather that sits on my desk. I look at it every morning. He's been an inspiration in my life since I was a little child. He was a navigator on a B-17 that was shot down during World War II. The B-17's name was the Judy E. (?) He ended up surviving, but spent 2 years in a German POW camp (didn't hear the name). Ended up writing a book about his experiences, and part of that book ended up being in the movie The Great Escape, with Steve McQueen. It was basically an escape movie and life inside a German POW camp and where 80 American service members tunneled out and were able to escape from the Germans. He's been my inspiration in my life. His strength, I take with me today. He was my reason for deciding to serve in the military. I was in the marine corps for 5 years. He was a great man. I wish he was still around, I wish I could share the details of this experience with him."

(cut)

"Coming out to Survivor you're taken entirely out of your world, everything you know. No phones, no communication with loved ones, no communication with friends, you're set up with a group of strangers. You're entirely flushed out of what you would call life. Everything about your life, you're entirely flushed from it, and thrown out here to survive on your own, and experience the trials and tribulations of surviving, and living in very sparse conditions while trying to survive. This photograph gives me strength, gives me hope. My grandfather persevered through wartime when the entire world was at war, fighting against an enemy that was pure evil, spending 2 years of his life persevering at a POW camp where he didn't know if he would meet his fate one day after the next. The strength that he had to make it through an obstacle in his life like that is what I look to for my strength to make it out here on Redemption Island. Right now I'm fighting to survive in this game and I'm fighting for a million dollars. An entirely different. scenario than what my grandfather was fighting for, his life and his country, but out here, you need significant strength. I look to his strength, and that's what gives me strength to keep on going and put one foot after the next to win the million dollars."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 10:

Less Mental Stress

Mike reveals the differences between Redemption Island and regular camp life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUvHfI8yhJ4

"The amazing thing about Redemption Island is there's less mental stress, less scheming going on. You're not rallying your tribe and involved in the social dynamic where you're gonna be voting someone out at Tribal Council. But there's more physical stress involved. Long days, there's just as much work to be done with less people. It's kind of brutal out here. We went foraging for food. We tried to find food on cactuses. They've all been eaten. They have these crustaceans called the opehe (?). Tried eating those yesterday and both of us almost gagged and threw up. We were lucky to get a crab this afternoon, but I would say the physical stress is higher here on Redemption Island, but the mental stress is less, and vice/versa at camp."

(cut)

"I'm maintaining at this point. Energy is very low. I have to go in spurts. Rice will keep you going for a couple hours after you eat it. It's collect firewood, make a fire, eat rice, and relax and repeat, and try to make it one extra day in this competition, because we're on our last thread here at Redemption Island. Any duel could mean us going home."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 11:

Glad It Wasn't Me

Although sorry to see Julie go, Mike admits that he is happy to still be in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKEQxEW0m-Q

"Day 7 here, at Redemption Island with Matt. Julie was unfortunately voted off last night. We saw her here at Redemption Island. We welcomed her in."

(cut)

"And we had another duel today between Matt, Julie, and I. It was a shuffleboard duel. We had to get 3 shuffleboard pucks to the end of the board. One contestant was going home, two survivors were gonna remain in the game. It was a battle at the end between Julie and I, and Matt and I prevailed, and we're back here redeeming ourselves at Redemption Island."

(cut)

"Julie was in one of my key alliances from early in the game. It was Ralph, Julie, Steve and I. She was great at camp. Har worker, always kept a smile on her face. Through rainy nights, she was able to laugh it off. Super-tough, super hard worker. Her camp work was outstanding. Super great in challenges. All around she was a joy to be with. It was great to have her in an alliance and great to have her in our tribe. She really was an asset. Having her come to Redemption Island was a little unfortunate because you're basically competing against her to stay alive. When it came down to her and I at the end, I figured if it's not in the cards for me to win, that's OK, Matt and Julie go on, they're both outstanding folks, and I don't mind losing to them. If it were a Grant or Rob I would have had a lot of problems with losing to those guys. It was a little peculiar knowing if you win you're gonna be knocking such a great person and great player out of the game, but I wasn't about to hamstring myself just her keep on going. At challenges, I wanna win out, I wanna win everything. That's the only way you stay alive here. It was a little battle there, but it worked out in the end."

(cut)

"Sad to see Julie go. Glad it wasn't myself. Competing emotions. Watching her leave today. I know that she played a great game and gav e her all. I know deep down she's really glad with how she played out here. I'm glad to stay alive at least one more day and make it to at least oen more duel."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Individual Game

Mike reveals how he's formed close bonds, even though Survivor is an individual game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKgFxUzdHuA

"It's really interesting. Survivor is an individual game. It's like golf - you're out for yourself. You sort of have a team, but in the end it can be only one. For me it's been an up and down ride. You build alliances and you break others. Sometimes it's hard to be duplicitous with people you really like in the game. My experience here has been outstanding. It's been very difficult for me to deal with the lack of food. I don't think I've ever gone in my life with this minimal amount of calories. You can see a lot of what you're made of. It also allows you time to think and do some deep introspection about yourself and what you want in life and truly what kind of bonds you have with people, because you establish bonds out here just naturally going through adversity with a various array of people. There's a number of folks in this game I'll probably maintain friendships with for a long time. I kind of equate it with my experience in the Marine Corps and my experience in the Naval Academy. Mutual shared rough times and adversity together bring people close together, and you can really form some great bonds. I look at that as a sub-component of the game that's really something special. I've created a great bond with Matt and I intend to remain friends with him for as long as it makes sense for both of us. It's an individual game and sometimes you have to burn people and be duplicitous to get to the end, but you can't help but form new bonds out here with folks, just because of the endurance and the pain you're going through together."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

EW Deleted Scene odcinek 12

(day 31 Redemption Island; Matt, Ralph, and Mike near the firepit)

Matt: I thought you were gonna say it was more blessed to give than to receive.

Mike: That's another good one.

Matt: Which one did you say again? I can't remember.

Mike: Love God with all your heart, mind, your soul and strength, love your neighbor if you love yourself.

Matt: That was huge.

Mike: I hope that message spreads.

Matt: It's going to, man. That was the biggest thing ever, man. It's more than I've done the whole time I've been out here. Just that one moment.

(Mike looking at the waves)

Mike (solo): Redemption Island has been an opportunity to reconnect with my faith. I've been able to be able to God's words and hear His words and have Him come into my heart. He's given me some piece of mind about where I am in the game at this point.

(Mike asks Matt if he can borrow Matt's Bible, as he wants to finish Acts)

Mike (solo): I feel bad for Matt and his brother, and Ralph and his friend, but it was the only decision based on my understanding of life that I could have made.

(more of Mike reading)

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

EW Deleted Scene odcinek 13:

Mike:

So, last night, the arrival of Andrea was very different than the previous arrivals we had with Julie, David, Ralph, and Steve. Last night there was some animosity between Matt and Andrea and Ralph and Andrea. It wasn't exactly a welcoming hut last night. Matt is still pretty disgruntled with the Ometepe tribe, and he was closest to Andrea, so I think her showing up reminds him of how she really burned him, twice. It came out last night in conversation.

(cut)

I kind of figured it would be the girls, most likely Andrea. I wasn't really surprised, but I was happy to tell her, hey, if you and Matt jumped, we would have taken it to the final 4, as I promised you. I think Matt knows that. I'm a little upset with Matt that he shared the information I shared with him to his tribe and Rob. I wish Andrea had been bold enough to jump over to. But they felt the decisions they needed to make. I fell short of saying "I told you so," but I kind of expected to see her tonight.

(cut)

My personal opinion of Andrea is that she seems like a great gal. She seems hard-working, from the Midwest, really nice. Last night i was trying to get some sleep and...

(cut)

She wanted to chat all night. But I just wish she was a little bit more brazen. If she had made a move during the mere, it would have paid off.

(cut)

Andrea was just blindsided by her tribe, and she was part of voting, Matt, Ralph, and I out. Andrea's really not feeling welcomed by her tribe or the remaining folks here on Redemption Island. She's definitely the odd man out.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor