sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Insider odcinek 1

I Want To Show My Kids :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOczqM0mgnA

Christine wants to prove to her kids that they can accomplish their dreams.
"I'm Christine Shields. I'm 39 years old. I'm a wife and mother of two. I teach English to students of other languages, at the kindergarten level."
(cut)
"Being a teacher for students with special needs will help me immensely out here, because every morning, I need to assess where my students are, and adjust my lesson plans accordingly, and have lots of patience. I think that will translate well to the game, and advance me."
(cut)
"Growing up, my parents and my siblings, we went camping very often, for weeks at a time. My father always felt we need to be prepared kid. He taught us how to live off the land and use it to our advantage."
(cut)
"My motivation for playing Survivor is because I can, and I want to, but it will also show my kids that you put your mind to something, you can do it."
(cut)
"I know I'll win, because it's in my crosshairs, and my husband will tell you, once I get something in my head, that's it. There are a few factors about myself that could possibly make me stumble. One would be my stubbornness. Two would be, I have a tendency for thing to want to go my way. My husband says, 'My way or the highway.' I don't know what he's talking about. I have a hard time keeping my mouth shut when I see something I disapprove of."
(cut)
"I hear college is very expensive, so winning the million dollars for us would be stellar. I want to put the money away for my kids' college. If that's what they wanna do. My husband and I never agree on cars, ever, but we agree on 1, and that's the Challenger. I'd like that."
(cut)
"I know Redemption Island is a factor this season. I don't like it that much because we've lost some of the control over who gets to go permanently. We've lost control and I don't like being out of control."
(cut)
"The returning All Stars could be a help and a hindrance. They know the game, so that's one up on the rest of us. But also, since they do know the game, it could help us, we could use them, until we no longer need them, and we get rid of them. That's my plan."
(cut)
"I'm sure people have a preconceived notion of how I should be, being a mom of two in the suburbs, being a teacher - and I drive a minivan. But once you get to know me, you'll realize I'm not, I'm a little more out there. I'm a little more daring, and crazy, and unpredictable, than a minivan would portray."
(cut)
"I'm very excited to start the game. I'm ready, I'm willing, and I'm able, so I'd like to get started as soon as possible. I'm ready. I want to get into it. Baptism by fire. Let's go."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 2

We Lost The Challenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92ijerrJPmo

Christine is not happy about losing the immunity/reward challenge.

"Challenge started out well, but ended somewhat poorly. The guys tried and tried, I just didn't think they had quick enough feet. I don't think they <snaps> moved quick enough. They were walking <rolls> and I think they could've had quicker feet."

(cut)

"It looked like slow and steady, but slow and steady lost."

(cut)

"We lost the challenge today, and the reward. The reward was pillows and blankets and a mat so you could sleep on the bamboo. That was a big letdown. Now tonight we have to go to Tribal and vote somebody out, which is never good."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 3:

I Almost Like It

Christine fills us in on her Redemption Island experience.

"Semhar was so sweet yesterday at the duel. She lost and she knew she was going home, and she turned to me and gave me her sweater. I tell you, it saved me last night, when my fire went out and it got cold. I thought of her and silently thanked her."

(cut)

"I'm settling into C block, as I call it, very well. I'm adjusting very nicely. I can almost, almost, say I like it."

(cut)

"I think I'm getting stronger out here, because I'm doing things by myself, on my own, the way I want to do them. I think that helps me mentally."

(cut)

"The hardest thing out here at C block is not talking to somebody. A little conversation would be nice. Everything else I'm adjusting to nicely."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 6:

I Have to Get Back In

Christine is desperate to get back into the game

"Since I've gotten onto Redemption Island, I've had lots and lots of time to think. In the beginning I was thinking of why I was voted out first from my tribe, and that's really what consumed my thoughts. Why was I voted out first, what was it, who was the ringleader, who was behind it. That's pretty much what I thought about. Then when Stacy came, she confirmed all of that, and now my thoughts have leaned more towards what am I going to do when I get back into the game. My thoughts certainly have shifted, shifted more from being angry and 'why' to, OK, what next. I have 4 duels under my belt right now and honestly, they're not getting any easier. If anything, it's giving me more and more agita."

(cut)

"Like (not sure what she says...nellabush?). You know, an upset stomach."

(cut)

"Because the more duels I have, the closer I get to getting in the game, which is wonderful, but conversely, the more days I'm out here, and I lose one duel, all of these days are just gone, just for nothing. That is giving me agita. Thinking about all these days and it could be all lost in a second."

(cut)

"I want this so badly. I want to get back in the game. I don't know what my previous duelers have felt, but I have this insatiable drive to get back into the game. I have to get back in. It's not a question of want - no, I have to. Maybe that has driven me and steamrolled all four of the previous duelers. I don't know."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 7:

The Duel Was Intense

Christine reveals how nerve wracking the duel with Mikayla was for her.

"The duel was very intense against Mikayla. It was nerve-wracking. I really had to focus. It went to the last second. "

(cut)

"Not only was the audience cheering for Mikayla, they were helping her. They were telling her which boards to go next. So she just had to run and say, 'OK, the one next to your foot.' She just picked it up and put it on. So..."

(cut)

"When it was happening, it was a little annoying, but then, when I won, I was kind of happy that even with..."

(cut)

"...people helping, I still won."

(cut)

"Albert and Sophie were a lot closer to Mikayla than they were to me. So I almost expected them..."

(cut)

"...to help her more than myself."

(cut)

"They clearly did not want me to win at all. So when the merge happens, or when I go back into the game, I'm still a free agent. I'm not going to definitively decide Savaii or Upolo. I have to see where I fit the best, what's the best for me."

(cut)

"Whichever side will get me further in the game is my strategy. I'm going to go in and just listen to what people have to say, and take with me all the information that the people who have passed through here have given me, take all that into consideration, and then make my decision."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 8 - 3 filmiki

Secret Scene: Christine

Christine tries to catch a fish on Redemption Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zg7STLSQ ... se&list=SL

(day 8)

(Christine waits, and throws a spear into the water)

Christine: Aw, rats.

Christine (solo): Redemption Island is pretty rough, because when you have a tribe, each person has a niche. But out here, I'm everything. So I have to fish, which apparently I'm not very good at, and whether or not I'm good at it is irrelevant, because I have to do it.

Christine: Alright fish. Come and get it.

Christine (solo): As I was waiting for the fish, I looked up and I saw a gecko. I just aimed my spear there, and I got him, just like that.

Christine: Oh God, I've never killed anything in my life. Ugh, I feel so bad. But I gotta eat. Sorry, fella.

Christine (solo): The gecko was the first animal I've ever killed, so it was a little sad, but it's either me or him, so he had to go. I decided to use the gecko as bait. Hopefully now I'll be successful at getting the fish.

(Christine lowers the bait into the water)

Christine: They're taunting me. There's fish everywhere.

Christine (solo): I so wanna fish so badly. I hate those fish. They're just smarter than I am, or faster than I am, something; I don't know. I tried by the lake with the spear, the hook, and the net.

Christine: I'll get you, my pretty.

Christine (solo): Nothing. Nothing. I don't know what it is about this. And now that I can't catch one, I want one even more.

Christine: I want you. I'll kill you. (uses spear)

Christine (solo): Being unsuccessful catching fish really kind of dampened my spirit, so tomorrow I'm gonna try in the ocean. Get the mask, get the spear, and I'm gonna have fish tomorrow.

Clash of the Competitors

Before the duel, Christine admits she is nervous but still ready to compete against Ozzy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHLn0qtA ... re=sh_e_se

"Last night, I got a visitor unexpectedly. They had a Tribal Council last night, and surprisingly, Ozzy was voted out. He told me it was supposed to be Cochran, and at the last second Cochran pulled out an idol he did not know about, and Ozzy's name was written down. So, he arrived here, very angry, very frustrated, and was explaining to me how angry and frustrating he was. It was a side of Ozzy I've never seen."

(cut)

"Ozzy wasn't one of the people I wanted to see, only because he's a true, true competitor, and he's good at a lot of things, so it's going to make the duel today that much harder. But I don't want his past to affect my focus, either, so I'm just going to focus on the challenge today."

(cut)

"It's going to be a clash of the, the competitors today. He has proven in the past that he is a great competitor, that he wins challenges. On the other hand, I have proven that I also can win challenges on my own. So it's going to be a tough one today, for both of us, I think. We're both super-determined. He has his emotional, personal reasons for winning, and I have my own emotional, personal drive to win. It's going to be a show, I think."

(cut)

"I think Ozzy could be the toughest competition I've had out here. Mikayla gave me a run for my money. She's a very physical person, she's athletic, she's got her head on straight. She was tough, but Ozzy could be tougher, because he's got experience behind him, as well."

(cut)

"It's going to be a showDOWN, baby."

Christine the Day After

Christine reflects on her time in the game after she lost the duel on Redemption Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsMP6hcT ... re=sh_e_se

"I'm not so much a bad-ass as I'm someone who speaks their mind. Some might equate that to a bad-ass, but I just speak my mind, and if I have something to say, I'm going to say it. I did that in the game, and ultimately that was my downfall, but I'll never change. I tried to lay low, I really did in the beginning, but if I see something and don't like it, I'm going to say something. That's the way I am and that's the way I will be."

(cut)

"I think the game has changed me a bit. I feel I have a renewed sense of pride in myself. I feel I'm able to do things I didn't think I could."

(cut)

"I feel that Redemption Island almost defined me. I feel that Redemption Island and Christine are almost synonymous now. It became my home. It became what was familiar to me. I became, I started to really like it and enjoy it, and I had fun there towards the end."

(cut)

"I am very proud of how I handled myself there. I had some bumps in the road, I certainly hit rock bottom, but the strong side of me told me to pick myself up, suck it up, get a crab, and get going. And that's what I did."

(cut)

"The low point was the fourth, maybe the fifth day at Redemption, just being completely isolated from people, being by myself, being very lonely, and having to do everything that needed to be done, by myself, where, at the beach, people had different jobs to do. At my beach, I was every job. The first few days, I was getting acclimated and organizing myself. Once that was done, I realized I was all alone. That's when I hit rock bottom. But I had to pull myself up from my bootstraps, or my flip-flops, and work through it."

(cut)

"When Ozzy first came into my shelter the night before, my first thought was, 'Oh boy, my days might be numbered here on Redemption Island.' If I had to lose to anybody, at least it was the king of all challenges. I did my best; he just did better."

(cut)

"I think the social game was the most difficult part for me. At home, I surround myself with the people that I love, that I get along with, that I have something in common with, that I like. Out there, I was surrounded by people that I liked, people that I didn't like so much. We had to work with each other and sometimes we didn't work that well. Sometimes, people don't like to share their crayons."

(cut)

"I think the one thing, the only thing I'm looking forward to, is seeing my family. Everything else is just kind of there. I could do without a computer; hate them anyway. I could do without my cellphone for sure; can't stand the ring of that. My car, I don't care. My pillow - eh, bamboo isn't all that bad. I just want to see my family and hug 'em and go bike-riding with them, go to the beach, hang out, just be with them, and talk to them. Everything else is peripheral."

(cut)

"I'm so very grateful for this adventure, and I'm grateful that I learned about myself, learned how strong I really am. I'm also grateful for my new friend that I made here. I know we're gonna be friends for a long time. Stacey and I are just salt and pepper. We go well together and I know I have a friend for life, and I'm so grateful for that."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Wywiad z Christine:

R: Hi, Christine, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us!

Christine: Sure!

R: Going all the way back before the game began, what was your planned strategy coming in to Survivor?

Christine: My plan was to lay low &#8211; stay under the radar (laughs). That didn&#8217;t work out. I really wanted to just get a feel for it but I have a tendency to just jump in with both feet and take off, you know. I hit the ground running. It tried not to, but I did.

R: Along the lines of not lying low, why did you immediately tell Coach that he was only there temporarily instead of at least pretending to welcome him? Did you see what happened to the contestant who did something similar last season?

Christine: (Laughs) Good question. I&#8217;m the type of person that puts things out there and I did. And the reason also &#8211; there is another reason &#8211; because not two seconds before, my tribe said whoever it is has to go and has to go quickly. The helicopter came down and we were all excited and Rick and Albert said they have to go quickly; I said I agree and Aalbert said whoever it is won&#8217;t be here long. I said it [to Coach] and thought I had the backing of my tribe, but apparently I did not.

R: At one point you said you were playing the game right out of the box. Can you explain what you meant by that, especially since, from what we saw, you didn&#8217;t seem to have any solid alliances?

Christine: I was certainly aligned with Stacey, but I did look for the hidden immunity idol for some time as soon as we got to the beach and I guess that&#8217;s what I meant by that.

R: Along those lines, why did it seem you were so obvious in looking for it?

Christine: I didn&#8217;t think I was that obvious, honestly. I don&#8217;t think I looked for it for that long. But I guess they felt I did.

R: Coach pointed out that you never talked strategy to him. Why didn&#8217;t you, even if just for show?

Christine: I didn&#8217;t think he was going to be there long enough to have a strategy, so why bother? And he wasn&#8217;t present very often at the beach.

R: What do you mean?

Christine: He wasn&#8217;t physically there. He would go off gallivanting for hours, nobody knowing where he was. So it was a shock to me when I saw on TV that he aligned with Rick and Albert and Sophie because he was never there &#8211; I said, &#8220;When did he have the time to do that?&#8221; &#8230; and then I remembered when. He wasn&#8217;t present at the beach very much &#8211; he was when there was food cooked and ready, like an apparition, he appeared out of nowhere.

R: When you were accused of plotting against Mikayla at your Tribal Council, why didn&#8217;t you call out Brandon as the one who brought up the idea, rather than waiting for him to confess to it himself?

Christine: That day was a mad scramble after the challenge &#8211; one person saying one thing, another saying another. You&#8217;re hearing so many different things from different people &#8211; it was all just a mad jumble. It wasn&#8217;t just Brandon either &#8211; it was Rick and Brandon saying vote for Mikayla. I said, &#8220;Why? Don&#8217;t we want to keep this tribe strong?&#8221; And then something happened and we never finished the conversation. It was just a mad scramble that day.

R: After everything that happened at Tribal Council, why did you vote against Edna? And why didn&#8217;t you and Stacey vote the same way?

Christine: (Laughs) Another good question. Again, it was the scramble of the day. Stacey and I said we&#8217;d do this. Then she heard something different from someone else, I heard something else. We were never able to tell each other what we&#8217;d heard together. It just never happened.

R: Coach said you had a Long Island attitude, and I have to say, some of that definitely came through on TV. Even Jeff Probst tweeted during that episode that you were &#8220;cocky.&#8221; Why didn&#8217;t you soften it up a little bit around your tribemates?

Christine: I felt they took every time I was tough or cocky and aired that on TV. They didn&#8217;t put when we were laughing around the campfire or telling jokes or Sophie was asking me about, &#8220;What do you think of this?&#8221; She had a little rash, me being the mom I said to try to do this or that. They didn&#8217;t air any of that.

If they wanted to portray me as tough or cocky, that&#8217;s fine, because I can be those things at times, just not all the time. I have different aspects to me. Tough is certainly one of them, I might possibly can be cocky at times, but that&#8217;s not all of me as Survivor would lead you to believe.

One more thing: Girls on Long Island are tough. Benjamin was right on that one.

R: You mentioned talking with Sophie. When I interviewed Mikayla last week, she indicated that you and Stacey didn&#8217;t like Sophie. Why not?

Christine: We felt she didn&#8217;t really pull her weight around camp. We felt that she sat back most of the time and let others do the work. So, no, we weren&#8217;t big cheerleaders of Sophie at that time.

R: This may seem like a cruel question, but given the outcome, would you have rather just lost the first duel and left the game right away?

Christine: Absolutely not. It was a great, great experience for me, even with the outcome.

R: In what way?

Christine: I proved something to myself that I can do this. And I said, &#8220;Redemption Island is not going to break me. I might Crack a little here and there, but it will not break me.&#8221; And it didn&#8217;t. It was a personal triumph for me and I&#8217;m happy I did it.

R: Just how bad was Redemption Island?

Christine: It was pretty bad (laughs). I think the worst part was the loneliness not having anyone to talk to and not being able to bounce ideas off of a person. Should I kill that rat that looks mangy? What do you think of that? Just living with someone else. The loneliness was the worst part. And the rain wasn&#8217;t great either.

R: It seemed obvious at first that you would switch tribes if you survived until the merge. But then we saw a few clips in website videos indicating that you hadn&#8217;t made up your mind. So what were you thinking in that regard?

Christine: It was pretty apparent that I&#8217;m not the best of friends with Upolu, but I couldn&#8217;t just close off my options completely. I felt that mentally I had to leave Upolu as an option just in case. I needed to know who would give me the better option. So I couldn&#8217;t close off Upolu completely. I just didn&#8217;t think it would be fair to me.

R: Based on what you learned from the other players, who did you consider possible allies should you have gotten back into the game?

Christine: Dawn. I felt through Papa Bear and Semhar and Elyse &#8211; they all felt and I agreed with them that Dawn would be my best possible alliance. I was planning on going directly to her and seeing what the possibility was there.

R: What was your first thought upon seeing that you would have to face off against Ozzy, well-known challenge monster?

Christine: Did you ever see Raiders of the Lost Ark? I&#8217;m a big Indiana Jones fan. Remember when he looked into the crypt and said, &#8220;Snakes&#8230; Why did it have to be snakes?&#8221; That was my first impression: &#8220;Ozzy&#8230; Why did it have to be Ozzy?&#8221;

R: Did you believe the story Ozzy told you about Cochran and the idol?

Christine: I did. I believed it wholeheartedly because who in their right mind would volunteer to get voted off? Who would do that? That never entered my mind. I believed he was blindsided and Cochran had the mental capacity to plan something like that.

R: It&#8217;s looking like we&#8217;re out of time, so do you have anything else you&#8217;d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Christine: I made fire for my tribe! They didn&#8217;t show that. The second day, I borrowed Albert&#8217;s glasses and sat out there in the noon day Samoan sun and covered my back with leaves so I didn&#8217;t get burnt to a crisp, and I made fire. Everyone was very happy. And they caught fish and we didn&#8217;t have to eat sushi &#8211; we ate cooked fish. For me that was an achievement and I was very proud of myself for that.

R: Thanks again, Christine!

Awatar użytkownika
tombak90
sole survivor
Winners at War: Tony
Survivor AU All Stars: David
Kontakt:

Post autor: tombak90 »

Bardzo ciekawy wywiad:) Rzuca nowe światło np na to, czemu tak wyszło z tą wypowiedzią o temporary players. No ale i tak na poczatku trzeba być bardzo ostrożnym w słowach, nawet jeśli myślała, że będzie miała plemię za sobą.

To ciekawe, że tak naprawdę Coacha często nie było na wyspie i nie miała rzekomo pojęcia o tym sojuszu. Ciekawe, gdzie się włóczył. Może chodził gdzieś do ekipy realizacyjnej i Jeffa na flaszkę i ploty skoro się już tak znają i lubią:D W ogóle te odcinki powinny być dłuższe. Kiedy mówiła o tym ogniu i przyrządzaniu ryb, to widać jeszcze silniej, że w ostatnich sezonach tak naprawdę nie pokazują tego, co w Survivorze najbardziej specyficzne - codziennego życia na wyspie, jak radzą sobie jako "rozbitkowie". A szkoda. Strategia jest ważna, ale takie elementy trzeba też pokazywać, bo jak nie to równie dobrze gra mogłaby się toczyć gdzie indziej skoro nie chcą oddać klimatu otoczenia.
"Dziś prawdziwych villainów już nie ma..."

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 23 - uczestnicy”