ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Insider odcinek 5 - 2 filmiki:

Agony of Defeat

Jim explains why losing the challenge hurt his plans for the future.

"The challenge we lost today epitomizes the agony of defeat. It really does. With all the things I got going for me in camp right now, in terms of the vote and alliances, today put me another step away from a million dollars. Yeah, we get to send somebody home tonight who's not me, doesn't give us the numbers. To win the million dollars, I gotta get everybody out of this game except for me. But when you lose one of your own tribe members, it really makes that second phase of the game, post-merge, really tough. I'm not sad at all about seeing Elyse go home tonight. I'm sad about seeing my chances of a million going down."

(cut)

"I'm removing a variable. It's a good thing, a positive outcome from a bad day. Could be worse. One of the people I trust and one of the people I see myself with for the long-term could be going home. Luckily, it's a strategic move forward for myself tonight, with Elyse going home."

(cut)

"I'd rather we were voting somebody out three days from now and not tonight. But, hey, one step closer to the million tonight."

EW Deleted Scene

Jim:

I need to make sure the power stays in my camp as opposed to shifting over to Ozzy's camp.

(cut)

I heard Ozzy say if he were Coach, he would get rid of Albert. Once I heard that, I knew what I had, and I thought, I knew what I had, that's my seed that I'm going to plant with Keith, because Keith will see it.

(cut)

Keith knows that by Ozzy thinking Coach should get rid of Albert, Ozzy's probably thinking he can get rid of me or Keith. If we get rid of Elyse right now, there's no way he can do it because he doesn't have the numbers. I have Cochran and Dawn; Keith and Whitney are together. We're not gonna go after each other. It might damage my relationship a little bit with Oz, but hey, it's not like we're trying to vote him out. Ozzy's philosophy is, "I'd rather ask for forgiveness than permission." My philosophy as well. I'd rather do something than talk to Ozzy about it. But I also don't want to damage my relationship with Keith or Whitney as an honest guy.

(cut)

We'll see how that pans out. Ozzy's a pretty good manipulator. That's why I'd rather not give him the opportunity to manipulate Keith or Whitney into keeping Elyse for one more time.

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Isider odcinek 6:

Game Winning Shot

Jim boasts about his performance in the immunity/reward challenge

"Game-winning shot today meant more than any other shot I've ever shot in my life. Thrill of victory in every sense of the word."

(cut)

"What made it even sweeter is that we came from behind. We were way behind. Way behind. I could not have imaged us being so far behind and coming back and winning that. They had a solid minute lead, which in that game is huge. Everybody stuck together, everybody did it. When that challenge came up, I seemed like the likely person to be holding the wheelbarrow, but I'm like, I'm on the gun, I do this, I do this every single summer, this is what I've been practicing for, without even knowing it, practicing with my cousins. My cousins are 12 and 13 years old. We shoot water balloons at people from like 100 yards away. <laughs>"

(cut)

"Then we get to eat. I've never been so hungry in my life. We've been eating decent; we've had bananas and coconuts. I'm a fan of Survivor, I've watched Survivor since it first came on, and I've always seen people say how hungry they are. I've never known hunger like this. It's just constant. Constant. I used to daydream about girls. All I've been dreaming about lately is guacamole. It's...to know we're gonna get full and unfull for the first time in 16 days is a pretty good feeling. I'm not the one out there catching fish - this is a different way I can provide for the tribe."

(cut)

"Not only did we get food that we need so much, we're somewhere I would pay thousands of dollars to go. I'm in heaven right now. I cannot...this is utopia right now. Food has never tasted so good, the air has never been sweeter, and I mean that. I mean that to the core of my existence. This is maybe as good as I've ever felt. I'm just high on this victory right now. It's everything right now. It's the win, it's where we're at, it's the food, it's the people I'm with. I'll never forget this moment for as long as I live."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 8:

Plan for an Idol

Jim explains what Savaii plans on doing with Ozzy's hidden immunity idol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn-qb37I ... re=sh_e_se

"The challenge went great today. 2 former Savaii members won immunity, but in reality, me being one of those people doesn't really help that much. Ozzy being one of those individuals that won is actually better than me winning, because by Ozzy winning, it makes the idol a little more of a tribe idol. If Ozzy would have lost today, Ozzy would have been inclined to use that idol for himself, and I wouldn't blame him. With Ozzy winning immunity today, we basically have an idol to use."

(cut)

"I really believe the former Upolu tribe is going to vote for Whitney tonight. I convinced Ozzy and the rest of our tribe to give Whitney the immunity idol when it comes time."

(cut)

"As of right now, my impression is that both tribes that it is going to be a deadlock at the vote. It probably will be a 6-6 tie at the vote, and on the revote. So, by playing the immunity idol, we're getting 2 shots at increasing our chances. First of all, if we play the immunity idol for one of our members, we have a 25% chance that that's the person the former Ulong tribe will vote for. 4-in-1, and we've only got 4 people on the chopping block tonight in round 1. Me, Keith, Whitney, and Cochran. That's it. Those 4. We give Whitney the idol, and boom, I think we're gonna win it right then and there, because I think they're gonna vote for Whitney. Why?"

(cut)

"Because I believe, like my tribe, they have a willingness to go to rocks, and if we go to rocks, they want to have some of the stronger players in there. Me, and Keith. Cochran's a variable, because they probably wanna get rid of Cochran too, based on past seasons. That's my thought process on why they'll vote Whitney, because if it goes to rocks, Whitney becomes immune to rocks, and in their mind, they can get rid of Whit later. She's not gonna win any challenges, she's not in with anybody, she's just walking around, hanging out. Which couldn't have been any better for us, because that gives me a higher likelihood that they're gonna vote for Whit."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 9:

Jim's Plan

Jim explains his plan for staying in the game

"I made a couple fundamental mistakes. The first mistake I made was to not listen to my own advice. My advice from day 1, I've never asked anyone to trust me, I asked them to trust my motives. First piece of advice, I trusted somebody, not their motives. I trusted Cochran, I didn't trust his motives. The second mistake I made was to not realize his motives are different than mine. My motives coming in were to win first, first, first. You're the first, you're the last. His motive wasn't. His motive was to make it as far as he could."

(cut)

"Cochran's motive, in the history of Survivor, has played the single best third place game of all time. No question. How many people come in here playing for third is another question, but I don't need to go there. He's played the best third place game ever. There's nobody here that wouldn't take him. There's 10 people here, including myself, that would love to have Cochran sitting next to him at the finale. Love it. No Savaii's going to vote for him, and no Upolu's going to vote for him. He's the best third place finisher of all time. Good for him."

(cut)

"So I had to rethink. I gotta go old school Survivor. I gotta go back and highlight the risks and show people who's running the game and who's gonna win this game and what their plan is. I tell you what, Coach coming back a third time, do you really think he came back to make friends and establish a cult. <shakes> Coach is here for one reason and it's the same reason I'm here for. A million dollars. I don't trust people, I trust motives, and what are Coach's motives? A million dollars. None other."

(cut)

"I'm either going home tonight or I'm winning a million dollars. I'm going to pull Sophie and Albert aside, whether or not I win immunity today, and I'm gonna have it all laid out in the sand, covered up with a couple of palm fronds, lift it up, here's what's gonna happen, you know what's gonna happen."

(cut)

"Tell me a different plan that makes more sense than that."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 10 - 2 filmiki:

I'm Sad

Jim discusses the pros and cons of Redemption Island

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvlzAToiNG8

"I'm sad, y'know. I think I played a great game, I think I positioned myself well for the million dollars, so I feel pretty sad to be out here. It's still a shot at the million, I'm still in the game, but it doesn't feel like as good of a shot as I had 3 days ago."

(cut)

"My strength right now is my ability to compete and my spirit. That's what it is. Endurance is my weak spot, puzzles are my strong suit. Hopefully we get some puzzles tomorrow."

(cut)

"I think it's gonna be an epic battle tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it. I love strong competition."

(cut)

"Here's what's kinda nice about Redemption - for 24 days I've been strategy, strategy, strategy. Now I have no strategy. There's only one strategy - win, or go home."

(cut)

"I love the idea of Redemption Island, and I'm curious to how it plays out, because whoever comes back from Redemption will be coming into a tribe that has a rift in it. By then they will have had to voted out a few people, so anything can happen at that point."

(cut)

"Hey, I'm just happy to be back hanging out with a couple people that I actually enjoy. That other tribe was driving me fricken' crazy. I'm happy to be hanging out with some people I enjoy. Still sleeping on bamboo, so not too much has changed."

Jim the Day After

Jim reflects on his time in the game the day after he lost the duel on Redemption Island.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGw7KBdlGzc

"I'm really proud about how I played this game. From the challenges, to the Tribals, to all the gameplaying in between. Everybody says I was playing this game from the moment I stepped on this island - I was playing this game months before I stepped foot on the island."

(cut)

"I'm frustrated I went out when I did, but I look back and I'm really, really proud of how I played this game. I was such a huge contributor to the challenges we won, and such a big contributor to the camp life. I had fun. I had a lot more fun doing this than I thought I would. I thought it would be gameplay and manipulation Day 1 to Day 39. There was a lot of fun in between, a lot of hard work in between. Overall, I'm really, really proud of how I played."

(cut)

"This game expanded my definition of 100% in all directions. I never...everybody says at one point or another, they've given 100% at something. I thought I had - I have a new definition of 100% now. When you're playing for your food, for your life, that's 100%. That's really knowing what your 100% level is. Now any time I'm giving it my all in whatever I do, I know what my all is now. It's a bigger threshold than it was before I came into this game. My definition of 100% has changed forever because of this game. And that definition of 100% is on the agony of defeat and the thrill of victory level as well. I haven't been as thrilled with any victory in my life as I was with the challenge wins on Survivor, and I haven't been as disappointed at a loss as I was at my losses at challenges during Survivor. 100% has a new meaning to me after playing this game."

(cut)

"I had so much game left in me and it disappoints me that I didn't get to use it all. It kills me, because I'm always the analyst, analyzing what's going on, and I had all these scenarios I didn't get to play out. More than anything I'm disappointed I didn't get to play longer. I wanted to play more. I didn't get to play enough, and that makes me sad. It really does."

(cut)

"Having Redemption Island in the game gives you a flicker of hope. It gives you a spark. It gives you that gee, you're tellin' me there's a chance. In some ways it made it easier to transition out of the game. In some ways, it kind of made it harder, because it was another opportunity I missed, to stay in the game. And so I liked that it was there...here's the thing, at the end of the day, every moment that you can stay in this game longer is a wonderful thing. So I was happy to be in the game, albeit for even just one additional day."

(cut)

"Everybody thinks they would have a plan for Survivor. Oh, I'm gonna be quiet. Oh, I'm not gonna flirt with the girls. Oh, I'm not gonna get involved with one girl. Everybody has a plan of what they're gonna do. Here's what the beauty of Survivor is that nobody understands until they get on this island - Survivor breaks you down, and in the end, you're yourself. I've watched every season of Survivor and I know what the top rules would be. Don't be outspoken in the beginning. Don't be a leader in the beginning. Don't get hooked to one person of the opposite sex in the beginning. Day 1, I'm sleeping next to the same girl for 6 nights in a row, I'm yelling at one of my tribe members, and I'm trying to lead the tribe. Survivor takes you and makes you you. Survivor strips away all of the hesitations that you have and all the walls you have built up. You're yourself when you come out here. The people you see out here are themselves. Somehow, someway, that's what this show does to you. You get on this island, and you got nothing. You got a machete. Go to work. Alright, where we gonna sleep tonight? Some people are more apt to handle different parts of it. Some people are better at the chit-chat. Some people are better at the survival skills. It's a matter of combing all those things, but at the end of the day, you can never plan on not being yourself, because it's gonna come out."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Wywiad z Jim'em:

R: Hello, Jim, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us! You&#8217;re a big fan of Survivor, so what was your plan going into the game?

Jim: My plan went out the window on day one &#8211; it was to be quiet (laughs). Everybody wants to fly under the radar, but the game itself strips you down to who you really are. By Day 3, being quiet and flying under the radar went out the windo &#8211; I violated that prime directive.

R: Almost every Savaii player I talked to said they had an alliance with you at one point. Is that true?

Jim: Yes and no. No with Semhar &#8211; everybody including Jeff Probst knew she was going to be the first one to go. Papa Bear started [asking to be in an alliance] within the first few minutes and when you start the show, your answer is never going to be &#8220;no.&#8221; He did himself in by being a little paranoid. Elyse and I talked about final two plans but that fell apart when I saw her getting too close to Ozzy and that was a danger to my game.

R: Were you really planning on going to the final three with Ozzy and Keith, or did you expect to move to different players at some point?

Jim: I expected to move after the merge. I kind of liked where I was &#8211; I positioned myself between two different factions. For all the scenarios I saw for final three, I never saw Ozzy there. Keith and I talked about that on the island. If we would have gone to stones and won, we would have probably knocked off Upolu one by one and knocked off Ozzy closer to the final six or seven.

R: Given all the different alliances and the fact that you&#8217;re a strategic player, did you mean all the stuff you said about honor, playing for the tribe, etc. &#8211; such as when you were planning to give immunity to Ozzy and try to convince the Upolu to vote out Cochran &#8211; or was it all just game play?

Jim: No, I was pandering to the Upolu tribe. My plan was to give immunity to Ozzy, but my mistake was to tell too many people on the [Savaii] tribe. Upolu pulled me off to the side and told me if I gave away immunity, I was going home. I needed [it to be a surprise] and there was no element of surprise. The editing overall is pretty good but I was disappointed they didn&#8217;t show that.

R: As a fan of the game, why were you so offended that Cochran made a move for himself, rather than the tribe?

Jim: Here&#8217;s the way I saw it: I didn&#8217;t see it as a move for himself. I saw it as playing for more airtime, playing to be called Cochran, playing to have people dress up as you for Halloween. At that point in the game, if you draw rocks, you have a 14% chance of going home. If you flip, you have a 0% chance of winning. He wasn&#8217;t playing to win. It was my mistake to assume everybody was there to win.

It was move out of fear, not out of strategy &#8211; a move is if you have the idol and don&#8217;t give it back. That takes balls, and that&#8217;s not a move Cochran can make.

R: When it came to the idea of drawing rocks at the merge, you seemed entirely comfortable with the concept because your tribe had a better chance of coming out on top. Do you think being a poker player influenced your view of the odds? We know that in poker, you often have to just get in on a coin-flip to stay alive, so were you more comfortable doing that than somebody like Cochran?

Jim: This wasn&#8217;t even a coin-flip &#8211; this was aces vs. kings. I think I was more comfortable than someone who is not used to making his own decisions in life (Keith laughs). I guess I am more comfortable with calculating odds.

I think it really just goes to motivation and what people were there for. That&#8217;s my mistake for not recognizing it. I don&#8217;t blame anybody except myself for not winning.

Keith: I&#8217;ll blame somebody. (Both laugh.)

R: How do you feel about Cochran today?

Jim: You know, I guess I kind of feel sorry for him

R: Do you regret the way you reacted to Cochran after the vote?

Jim: The things that made air, I&#8217;m pretty much fine with those things (laughs). There are some things I&#8217;m glad didn&#8217;t make the air. I said it, I don&#8217;t have any apologies for anything I said.

R: Unfortunately, I&#8217;m being told we&#8217;re out of time, so is there anything else you&#8217;d like to tell our readers about your time on Survivor?

Jim: A &#8220;thank you&#8221; to the fans have made this a lot of fun. For somebody like me who have never really had celebrity to have fans like this &#8211; just thank you for everybody that really watches the show.

R: Thanks again, Jim!

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 23 - uczestnicy”