sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Mark Anthony Caruso

Post autor: ciriefan »

Mark Anthony Caruso (47), Savaii

Obrazek

Miejsce zamieszkania: Forest Hills, N.Y.

Zawód: pielęgniarz, emerytowany detektyw pracujący w policyjnej kostnicy

Mark mówi: Każdy potrzebuje tatusia. Będę tatusiem dla każdego.

Przewidywania strony, która opublikowała cast: Nie jest silny w zadaniach, więc drużyna może chcieć się go pozbyć wcześniej. Jest świadomy wielu rzeczy i może zajść daleko.

Jeff mówi: Jest nadpobudliwy.

Awatar użytkownika
Jack
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Post autor: Jack »

Pewnie będzie chciał być liderem grupy. Może mu to zaszkodzić, bądź pomóc. Nie sądzę, by doszedł do finału.

Awatar użytkownika
Gienek
6th jury member
Winners at War: Tony
Survivor AU All Stars: David
Kontakt:

Post autor: Gienek »

Cwaniaczek z miasta tyle ;p
Come on in,guys!

Awatar użytkownika
MD
4th jury member
Kontakt:

Post autor: MD »

Taki nijaki troche, tacy już się zdarzali i nic z tego nie wynikło. Chociaz nadpobudliwy pracownik kostnicy brzmi ciekawie xD

Awatar użytkownika
Roxy
sole survivor
Winners at War: Parvati
Kontakt:

Post autor: Roxy »

byle nie było powtórki z jimmego t albo jimmego j z 21 xd

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

"Każdy potrzebuje tatusia. Będę tatusiem dla każdego. "

Temu panu już dziękujemy. He is so first voted out. Jak to tłumaczyłem to tak się uśmiałem :P

Awatar użytkownika
Jack
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Każdy ma inny pomysł na grę. Inni nabierają na "śmierć babci", inni chcą być "mamuśkami" czy "tatuśkami" :wink:

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Dodatkowe info

Powód do dumy: Pracowałem w policyjnej kostnicy przez 20 lat i odszedłem na emeryturę otrzymując wyróżnienie od burmistrza i komendanta policji

Życiowa inspiracja: Moja zmarła ciotka Mary, która przyjęła nas do swego domu, wychowała i dała nam świetne życie.

Hobby: Siłownia i wszystko co z nią związane, spędzanie czasu na słońcu ile tylko się da, poznawanie nowych ludzi, zdobywanie przyjaciół

Irytują go: Ludzie, którzy myślą, że wiedzą wszystko i że są lepsi od innych

Trzy słowa, którymi się opisuje: zabawny, uszczypliwy i miły

Zawodnik Survivor'a, którego najbardziej przypomina: Nie widziałem nikogo takiego jak ja

Dlaczego jest w Survivor: Chciałem doświadczyć bycia pozbawionym życiowych wygód i przetrwać w trudnych warunkach.

Dlaczego uda mu się przetrwać w grze: Jestem uważny i opiekuńczy. Potrafię słuchać. Potrafię wspierać swoją drużynę. Uwielbiam ciężko pracować i moje całe życie dowodzi, że będę liderem.

Dlaczego uda mu się wygrać: Ludzie mnie lubią, bo myślą, że jestem uczciwy nawet wtedy, gdy jestem wobec nich uszczypliwy. Jestem uważany za osobę pełną serca, umysłu i duszy.

Jego filmik:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtCd0C-8Q20

Awatar użytkownika
Jack
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Hobby: Siłownia - źle mi się kojarzy :D

Będzie chciał objąć liderowanie, a to może się dla niego źle skończyć. Odpadnie dość szybko.

Awatar użytkownika
tombak90
sole survivor
Winners at War: Tony
Survivor AU All Stars: David
Kontakt:

Post autor: tombak90 »

On wygląda jak dobry wojak Szwejk:)
słonko pisze:byle nie było powtórki z jimmego t albo jimmego j z 21 xd
Nie sądzę, żeby miał się aż tak wychylać. Social game może mieć dobrą.

A wiecie co, mi właśnie się wydaje, że takie gadanie o tatusiu to może być podpucha i może trochę namieszać:) Jeśli na samym początku nie zniszczą go konkurencje. We will see...
"Dziś prawdziwych villainów już nie ma..."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 1

I Have An Advantage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTUGezbRYKM

Papa Bear feels his life experiences give him an advantage over his younger tribe mates.
"My name is Mark. I'm 47. I'm from Forest Hills, Queens, New York City. I'm a retired New York City police detective, from the morgue, and I'm a registered nurse now."
(cut)
"The police department teaches you to think outside the box. Once you think outside the box, you can pretty much size people up quickly. You look at eye contact, and everything about them. You figure out who's gonna be on your side and who's gonna be your enemy, quick."
(cut)
"What I did in the morgue was I did identification and notification of deceased victims from homicides and disasters, the main one being 9/11. Also Flight 587 American Airlines. What I did personally was fingerprint them, remove DNA, assess them, and pretty much bring them home to their families."
(cut)
"Identification and notification is a very hard job. There were only 20 of us through the whole city of New York City, out of 36,000 cops, police officers, and detectives, only 20 were chosen to do that. When the disasters occurred, they had to go out and bring other cops and firemen and other medical staff to help us, because the influx of the deceased was so plentiful, we didn't know what to do. But the actual identification and notification, there was only 20 throughout the city, and I felt honored to be part of that team, because to give someone peace through a horror, I think that makes it all worthwhile, makes you want to go work, makes you want to do that job. That's why I'm glad I was able to do it."
(cut)
"It's always gonna help, because I'm a nurturer by trait. I'm always there to help people. You can tell by my career choices, and I always put others before me. That will help in the beginning of the game. I'm gonna have to teach myself, it's gonna be a learning experience for my own self, to stop helping people towards the end, and help myself. I wanna win, obviously, just like everybody else does. In the beginning of the game, I think it's gonna be a great thing. Where the game changes a little bit, I'm also gonna have to change myself. It might be a little hard for me. I want to see what happens to my own self, where I change as a person, where it becomes almost animalistic, you wanna survive. I don't know what it's gonna be. I've never been that way. From when I was young, to now, I always put others before me. I'm willing to change myself. I wanna see where this takes me."
(cut)
"I have an advantage, I feel, over the other contestants, because I can base life on something. I don't know if they - they're so young, I don't know what they can base it on. Maybe school, maybe past experiences. I base my experiences here on what I've done in life. I went to school to be a nurse at an older age, in my late 30's, my early 40's, I graduated. I already had a career. I already had the police department done, almost done. I already raised a child, I knew how life is. To be also gay is not an easy thing in the police department. It wasn't easy for me, wasn't easy for the people I was with at the time. I guess the guys and ladies now have it a little bit easier, but to survive all that, now coming here and to survive, not only as a group, but also myself. I wanna see how it is without food, learning to build a shelter. I think it's gonna be different, but I think I have the basic survival instincts."
(cut)
"Right now, I'm sizing up my competition, and I feel like..."
(cut)
"I have to control them, because they're gonna be all over the place. I will do that, I will do that. I'm just gonna do it a little more differently than most. People don't like aggressive people. They like more softer people. I am soft. But trust me, I will get them immediately, if not sooner, because I know how to play the heart and the mind."
(cut)
"I wanna play Survivor because I wanna see where it takes me. I wanna see where I'm gonna be. I wanna see where my life is without a cell phone, without a computer, without my boyfriend around to talk to, without my family and friends around to talk to when things are not always perfect. I wanna see where I change for the better, or for the worst. I don't know."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 2

Enjoying the Reward:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1KcWsFZODk

Papa Bear is sleeping much better since Savaii won the reward

"Sleeping the first few nights, the first two nights, were miserable for me. Missing my family, missing my loved one. You don't know these people. There was one shelter first, and I couldn't sleep with them. Even though they're having a bonding period, I couldn't."

(cut)

"When we got back from the challenge..."

(cut)

"The reward we got, the mat, pillows, we put that down, and believe it or not..."

(cut)

"Now, with the pillow..."

(cut)

"I'm gonna go to sleep like a baby."

(cut)

"I've been sleeping with a coconut on the back of my head. Without realizing what a pillow can be like, I was in heaven with that coconut. Well, my friend, that coconut got thrown, I fell in love with a pillow. I asked everybody around me first, I didn't want them to think I was taking it. Everybody's feelings are at the edge. You don't wanna mess anybody up. They said, 'No, Papa Bear. Go to sleep.' I said thank you, put it there (back of head); within seconds - seconds - I was out. Felt good. Felt like a piece of home."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 4 (3 filmiki)

Secret Scene: Papa Bear

Papa Bear has some fun with Cochran before Tribal Council.

(Papa Bear and Cochran with Jim, who is in the hammock not saying anything)

Cochran: How do you want Papa Bear spelled?

Mark: J-O-H-N. John Cochran is Papa Bear in another language.

Mark (solo): Tonight's vote is basically between me and Cochran. John is a funny kid. He really is. And he's a likeable kid. Once we knew we were gonna vote for each other, then it's a fun thing, it's jokes. I just kept going with it.

Mark: You know I'm sitting next to you, by the way. And they'll be no holding hands with the vote. Have a set of balls and stand there like a man when your name gets called. When Jeff says, "Get your torch," I'll be saying, "Good luck," because you'll be spending the night with your new girlfriend Christine. (Jim laughs)

Cochran: You said you wanted to meet Christine, didn't you?

Mark: I can meet her on finale night.

Cochran: We can arrange something sooner. You don't want to wait all the way until finale night.

Cochran (solo): The thing about Papa Bear is I have nothing bad to say about the guy, apart from strategically he may be a little bit unsound. He's a sweetheart, and I can't help but smile when I'm around Papa Bear. I'm even reluctant to call him Papa Bear, but I can't help it. He's Papa Bear.

Mark: If it's me tonight you'd best not come back tonight and say something rude. I'll be watching.

Cochran: I'll be holding up the thing (vote card) and say...

Mark: Papa Bear, he was the nicest guy in the world.

Cochran: Papa Bear, I couldn't stand you.

Mark: Ooh you little pricklet.

Mark (solo): It's humor, a little bit of sarcasm, and a little truth, because behind every joke is the truth.

Mark: I'm only going to vote for you if it's a majority. Is that fair?

Cochran: (something I don't understand) If you're not the majority, what's the point of voting for you?

Papa Bear Meets Christine

Papa Bear joins Christine on Redemption Island and realizes they have a lot in common.

(Papa Bear wakes up Christine and introduces himself)

Christine (solo): I'm glad it's not Stacey here at Redemption Island, because I want her to stay in as long as possible.

Mark: I don't know what happened to me, but they took me out.

Christine: Aww.

Christine (solo): As far as a competitor is concerned, when Mark came in, I felt, ooh, I hope it's a running or endurance type of challenge tomorrow, because I can definitely beat him in something like that.

Christine: You from the city?

Mark: New York.

Christine: Yeah?

Mark: Yeah. You?

Christine: On Long Island.

Mark: I live in Forest Hills, Queens.

Christine: Isn't that funny? You a detective?

Mark: Yeah. Retired.

Christine: My husband as well.

Mark: Where?

Christine: Crime scene.

Mark: Are you serious?

Mark (solo): You misjudge people. Christine is here with me, and when I first saw her, I thought she was a bad-ass. She's a really nice lady. And plus, we both got screwed from our tribe, so I know how she feels.

Mark (tending the fire): Your husband's gonna be proud of you.

Christine: Yeah? Getting voted out second?

Mark: You don't know that. If you outbeat me tomorrow, I've already come second.

Mark (solo): My strategy right now is to do every duel I can successfully and to get back into the game. If I get back into the game, I'm going to go with the blue team, wheel and deal there. I'm not going to go back to the same team that voted me out. I'm not stupid. They're gonna crumble now. I can see them crumbling right now.

(they go to sleep)

Papa Bear the Day After

Papa Bear reflects on his time in the game the day after he lost the duel on Redemption Island.

"I would have to say my overall Survivor experience was one of the most fantastic, overall joyous, learning experiences I've ever had. I learned a lot about myself, I played a fantastic game with people who played hard, I got to meet diversity and...just to step on the beach and play Survivor with thousands, if not millions, around the world, who want to play...I feel blessed."

(cut)

"Playing Survivor, you get to learn a lot about yourself. Although I know I was strong as a person, emotionally and physically, I really got to experience how it is to have nothing, absolutely nothing. I had to depend on myself and others to survive, and I know I can. I know I can be OK."

(cut)

"I was in a situation where a majority of the people were very young. I stuck out because of my age right then and there. I had to work a little harder. I feel like if I had an opportunity to come back again and was with a group of people more my age, I might have an opportunity, a little bit more, to move forward in the game. But I don't want to look at the negative. I want to look at the positive. I got out here and played as hard as I can, with my heart, my soul, and my brain. I'm walking away with a sense of accomplishment, because I fulfilled that dream. I really fulfilled that dream."

(cut)

"The hardest part for me was the social part of it, and I'll tell you why. I have a lot of friends, I have family, and I get along with people. Not to get along with - not that I didn't get along with them - not to hook up with them immediately was a little weird for me, because usually I make friends very fast. To hit that wall when they weren't cracking was a little frustrating, because usually I make friends immediately. In this situation I didn't. I had to figure out what I was doing differently that I didn't do at home, and I can't figure it out. I'm assuming it was age.-related, because I didn't know their music, I didn't know their movies. But I stuck with it, I fought it. Maybe next time if I had a next time, age would be a different factor. Definitely."

(cut)

"I want to tell the people at home about Survivor. It's a real game, it's live, it's moving continuously, day and night. It's one of the hardest things, one of the hardest games, I've ever played. It's to be respected. It's to enjoy. It's to love. It's the love, it's the hate, it's the scream at the TV. You have to realize when you scream at the TV, 'Don't do that,' or, 'My God, don't do that!' it's not that easy. It's human behavior. It changes fast, quick, and ugly. I just want to say on record that it was one of the most fun things you can imagine, and if you guys can apply, get your butt off the couch, apply, get on the Sears contest, send your application in, because it is worth it! It's fun!"

(cut)

"I loved when we won the challenge. I loved when we won the challenge because we were all one. It was a sense of accomplishment. I loved that. I love winning. I'm a guy who loves to compete, and I love it. It was a good feeling."

(cut)

"Obviously the worst time for me <laughs> of course was when Jeff was reading the votes at Tribal Council, and I saw Paba Bear come up, and I was like oh Lord, no, and then he says Papa Bear again, and I was like, crap. <continues> Please let somebody else come up, please somebody else's name. Then he said, 'Papa Bear, please get your torch.' Aw crap. But then I realized my life is gonna go on. I love the game and I love it so much, but the reality is it's a game, and your life goes on."

(cut)

"I just want to say thank you. I want to thank everyone involved. Thank you for choosing me. You've fulfilled a dream I've had for many years. Hopefully I can be someone others can look at and say, Y'know, this guy went out there, got off his couch, played, and fulfilled a dream. Who's better than me? I loved it. I'd do it again. Absolutely."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Wywiad z Markiem:

R: Hello, Mark, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us!

Mark: Awesome!

R: You had to know that most contestants on Survivor tend towards the young side &#8211; certainly younger than you and me &#8211; so what was your strategy coming into the game?

Mark: It&#8217;s really funny &#8211; at first, you don&#8217;t know what tribe you&#8217;re going on. When I saw my tribe, I was like, &#8220;Oh my God, I&#8217;m the oldest man!&#8221; I would have done so much better on the other tribe. You know, half or three-quarters of Survivor is luck. That&#8217;s where the &#8220;Papa Bear&#8221; came from &#8211; I wanted them to believe, which is true, that I&#8217;m a loving person. I wanted them to look at me as a father figure, not as a contestant, and it was good up &#8216;til that point. Then I realized they were going after me.

R: So then you gave yourself the Papa Bear nickname and that was a deliberate strategy? Do you feel it paid off on any level?

Mark: That was deliberate and to the point. I was already thinking about it when I landed there. I was already thinking &#8211; I&#8217;m wide awake, I&#8217;m never sleep, tactically. I&#8217;m on a tribe with very young men and women &#8211; and even Dawn is younger than me. I&#8217;m the oldest person in that tribe, they&#8217;re going to go after me. I didn&#8217;t find out the real reason &#8216;til later.

R: What was the real reason?

Mark: As I&#8217;ve begun to learn, they said I became too close to Ozzy, which I thought was funny because I didn&#8217;t think so. Unless that&#8217;s a load of crap &#8211; you don&#8217;t really know what people are thinking. Was it Ozzy or what they perceived as the weakest, which was not true because I was stronger than a lot of them. A lot of Survivor is perception.

R: In the vein of perception, how obvious was it that you, Cochran, and Dawn were on the outside of the main alliance?

Mark: Trust me, how can you not know? At first everything&#8217;s A-OK, then they stop talking to you and don&#8217;t include you in stuff. &#8220;We&#8217;re going to do this. Papa Bear, you stay here.&#8221; I&#8217;m not stupid &#8211; you start to realize they are not including you and you figure it out.

R: What did you do in terms of trying to build an alliance or become part of an existing one?

Mark: What I did was I talked to everyone from the first day. But as time goes on, I tried to click with Dawn but she was with the group. Me and Jim had an alliance the first few days and I didn&#8217;t realize I&#8217;m not in an alliance! I tried to do a power play with Cochran, just things didn&#8217;t work out. I think John should&#8217;ve gone home instead of Semhar, but nobody would listen so I went with the group.

R: Why did you want John to go home first?

Mark: I think John was a liability. Semhar had that one incident where she did step up to the plate &#8211; we were just one or two coconuts short, there was not like something dramatic happened. John hesitated at the wall &#8211; he didn&#8217;t follow directions because of his youth. I got to like him eventually but I liked Semhar also. It was a tough decision.

R: You mentioned on the show that even though the others were saying Cochran was going, it was obvious you were the actual target &#8211; why was it so obvious to you?

Mark: I was a New York City Police detective for years. The way they don&#8217;t look at you, the way they talk &#8211; I have attentive listening skills and I&#8217;m a nurse also. There&#8217;s hidden statements, different things they said and did after we lost the challenge. I just picked it up and obviously I was like, &#8220;I gotta do something quick!&#8221;

R: You mentioned that you had tried to align with Dawn and Cochran &#8211; why didn&#8217;t you align with them when the target was on you?

Mark: This happened way before the target, Day 1 and Day 2. At one point I thought everything was cool &#8211; I thought the next one to go was Elyse. Jim was like, &#8220;She&#8217;s too weak.&#8221; I [later] told Jim, &#8220;How&#8217;d it go from Elyse to me?!&#8221;

Him and her were snuggling up together. Document that! It just happened they snuggled up next to each other. It&#8217;s funny, even though I joke about that, where you lay down and who you hung out with, that plays into facts. Keith and Whitney would be hanging out all day. John would flutter around the whole camp so you had to watch him. You&#8217;re there 24 hours a day, no computer, no phone, so what you do is screw around with each other and mess each others&#8217; heads up.

R: So you couldn&#8217;t find a crack in the main alliance?

Mark: Are you kidding me? All day I tried to get them to crack! I talked to them in groups, in pairs, individually. I told them I have more experience than John, I&#8217;m smarter than him &#8211; I don&#8217;t know if I am, I think I am. I tried all day, they wouldn&#8217;t crack.

R: What did you think about going from police detective to somehow being viewed as the weakest link on the team?

Mark: I know who I am. I know I&#8217;m not and I see &#8211; it&#8217;s by perception, it&#8217;s by who they think is the weakest person. As we see, I&#8217;m not. It&#8217;s just that I didn&#8217;t realize that at the time until I was told that was something they said, but the reality was they thought I was getting too close to Ozzy. But I thought that was strange because I don&#8217;t know where that came from. I talked to the kid but I don&#8217;t know what happened.

R: If you did get back into the game, would you have stuck to your word and turned on your former tribe?

Mark: Immediately. Let&#8217;s be real, let&#8217;s be smart &#8211; if they voted you out once, they&#8217;re going to vote you out again. I would be able to at least flip over the other team. I think I think had a lot more in common with people on the other side. I realize as I see them more and more than I really do.

R: We didn&#8217;t see any of it, but there seemed to be something of a bond between you and Christine after the duel. Did you get along well on Redemption Island?

Mark: Yes we did. Christine&#8217;s a wonderful woman. She is a nice lady and a school teacher and a loving mother. We might speak rough &#8211; some people perceive us that way &#8211; but that&#8217;s how we speak and I understand. We talked all night. She might come off that way but she&#8217;s a wonderful person and we&#8217;re still pals today.

R: Do you feel you gave a good showing for yourself and the NYPD?

Mark: I absolutely think I did. I don&#8217;t regret anything &#8211; I did what I had to do. Unfortunately, the numbers weren&#8217;t with me at the time. I did my best and that&#8217;s all you can ask for in this life. I&#8217;m a loyal and trustworthy person, I was that way on the job I&#8217;m that way off the job. We&#8217;re good people and I hope people got to see me as who I am and I tried my best and hopefully it comes across that way.

I would do this game in a heartbeat again. If you come on twice, you have a lot of experience &#8211; now I have the experience and I would do much, much better the next time. Obviously the people who play before do better &#8211; mostly.

R: A reader wanted me to ask: Why did you retire from the police force?

Mark: In the New York City Police Department, you can retire with honors with 20 years. I hit that mark and I decided okay. You don&#8217;t have to retire, but I was happy to finish one career and I wanted to try something new.

R: We&#8217;re pretty much out of time, so do you have anything else you&#8217;d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Mark: I think Survivor was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I was blessed to be chosen by Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst, who proved to be wonderful people who want to give the average Joe a chance to be a millionaire. And I&#8217;m going to move forward and people are going to see me. Papa Bear is not done &#8211; he&#8217;s gonna be out there, you wait!

R: What are your plans?

Mark: My focus now &#8211; I work per diem as a nurse. I want to do charity work and show that Survivor people can do things, be supportive to hospitals and be a representative for them. And of course [there should be] numerous commercials with me &#8211; maybe Home Depot or Carvel or Dunkin&#8217; Donuts (laughs)!

R: We&#8217;ll be looking for you. Thanks again, Mark!

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 23 - uczestnicy”