Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Wywiad z Mikaylą:

R: Hello, Mikayla, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us!

Mikayla: Of course!

R: You know we have to ask about Brandon, so I’ll start there. Until you saw it on TV, did you have any idea why Brandon wanted you out first?

Mikayla: Ugh. I didn’t have a clue. All I knew was that at one of the first Tribal Councils, Albert came up to me and said Rick and Brandon are very intimidated by me. I’m very strong – I gotta pipe it down. I’ll be cool. But I watch these shows and my jaw is on the floor. I never know what’s going to come out of his mouth behind the scenes.

R: What did you make of his crazy outbursts at Tribal Councils?

Mikayla: Obviously the kid’s got a couple screws loose. He wants to pray, pray, pray. Maybe you should be praying for people more often – it’s out of control.

I’m a huge tomboy and the fact they thought I was a Delilah and a huge flirt. I’m not at all. If you think me putting the shelter together is flirtatious, it ain’t gonna get any prettier.

R: Did Brandon make any sense at any point in the game? And having now watched the show, what do you think of him?

Mikayla: It’s funny ‘cus it really sucks that he made it farther than me but what are you gonna do? If I get mad at somebody, I’ll get in their face and go crazy and the only time I did that was Brandon one time. My mom and friend said please don’t do that. I did it once and my biggest thing is I tried to show I had morals and was raised differently – whether I believe in God as much as he does or not. You have to carry yourself and have some class. I understand you’re young but I’m young too. Sometimes just put a lid on it.

R: A couple of questions related to your last challenge: Why didn’t you use two hands on the slingshot and why didn’t you listen to Coach when he wanted you to pass on your turn?

Mikayla: I was never a slingshot person – I thought I could just catch on. Throughout the challenge Albert told me to just pull it halfway. I pulled it back halfway and it went like two feet. I told him maybe it was halfway for him but not me. If somebody said pull with two hands – somebody might have said in all the heat of the moment, but you need to say it directly. In that moment – it stinks. I should have used two hands – I’m not a slingshot master. Give me a football and I’ll show you how it’s done.

It was like Coach was talking down to me. Have you seen what you’ve done? Absolutely nothing in any challenge. Besides the grappling, there was two girls and a basket behind you. If you think you’re that gifted and talented. Really? I look at him as garbage. I really wish I was able to turn things around.

When he talked about me in challenges, how about the basketball challenge? How about the Mayberry pole [when we went through it quickly]? You could not stand out and help your boys at all. Ugh! I don’t like Coach, I’m not a fan.

R: Moving to the political aspect of the game, what did you do from a strategic standpoint that we didn’t get to see?

Mikayla: At the beginning of the game, me, Albert, and Sophie – day one we made a little alliance. The five with Coach went off unfortunately and my big thing was sticking with them. When they were out there, I was inside and trying to get in the girls’ [Edna, Christine, and Stacey] heads. The girls didn’t like Sophie at all so I was the one doing the dirty work. I had to figure out what was going on. At that point I should have made a separate alliance but you never know what’s going to happen. You add no food and no sleep – you never know.

R: Did you realize how far out of the strategic loop you were?

Mikayla: Until I watched the show, I didn’t know how bad it was and it actually really hurt. When I saw Coach found the idol and Albert didn’t tell me, that really hurt. That was my boy. I base everything off loyalty. Play the game! Let’s work this. We’re not here to be friends with everyone.

I know Brandon was saying a lot of stuff to Sophie [about me] but Albert never should have questioned me. It was definitely a smack in the face that Albert didn’t tell me about the idol.

R: Before you lost that last challenge, what was your perception of the alliance structure within the tribe?

Mikayla: I knew Brandon made a promise to Edna to not write her name down, whatever that means. You come in to play a game! Either stay home or come out and play. It stunk and they said, “You’re fine,” but I had a feeling. I was actually sick the night before. I was like, it’s going to get even worse. I said, “Sophie, here’s goes nothing,” and she’s like, “You’re fine.” I was like, “No, I feel it.” It was a long time coming, Brandon may finally get his way. It stunk.

R: Why do you think Rick voted against you?

Mikayla: I actually got really sick from the pig challenge. We ended up eating everything and I have a very sensitive stomach. I was sick all night. Rick was scared that I was severely ill and wasn’t going to be able to perform. Me with both arms cut off and maybe a leg is still more useful than Edna. Apparently he thought I was very sick. It makes me laugh at how ignorant people are on the show. Really? You’re going to try out 14 times – how about you make a difference and not just go with the group?! Stand up for yourself! Don’t be a follower!

R: As your final words, you said being out there made you realize how much stronger and better you want to be – in what way?

Mikayla: The shortest exit CBS has ever given anybody with my one-liner. At that time, I left my football league and told my coach, “I gotta go,” and he’s like, “Excuse me.” I said, “I can’t tell you but it’s big.” When you’re out there, you’re bored, you’re sitting all day, you’re wondering what they’re doing in the Florida weather for a four-hour practice. That right there – I hadn’t eaten in days and I’m still rocking and rolling. I have all the resources to make me a better person at home. What I want to do with my life – the sky’s the limit. I just went back to school and got As in every one of my classes. If I put my mind to it, I can do it ten times better than I can imagine.

R: How do you respond to people saying that you were on Survivor more to promote yourself than to necessarily win.

Mikayla: Really? I find that hilarious. I feel like I’ve done a lot of things. I didn’t do lingerie football for my career or this magazine cover for my career. I didn’t do it to promote myself. I’m still me. I have done crazy things. You name it. Coming back from fractures to compete. You name it, I’m a competitor at heart.

Knowing I could combine all that competitiveness – my wits, my social skills – this was another way to challenge myself. I was born a competitor. It has nothing to do with my career. If it helped me, it did, but I did it! I made it to Day 17. This made me grow and taught me so many things to help me succeed.

R: I believe you have some things in the works, including even an app for yourself?

Mikayla: Yeah, I have an app on Droid. I was working on it before I even left. We released it in August. I’m trying to get – I was starting acting classes and through modeling, [ready to] take my next steps. I’ve been trying to work towards acting. I have meetings coming up. Modeling’s always a great thing. I’m dying to get into swimsuits and Sports Illustrated, but my main goal is to work towards acting. I feel like that’s the next big thing for me. I want to be an entertainer. Jim Carrey is one of my favorites. I feel like I can be funny in the long run.

R: How much Survivor had you seen before going on the show?

Mikayla: A lot of the past few seasons. We watched a ton of the first seasons. I’m an online person, I’d watch the online summaries if I missed it on TV. And then I missed a few seasons in between, but then a lot of the last ones. My mom is a diehard fan. We’ve watched a lot, especially compared to a lot of people on the show. It’s a great show and the twists they throw in give it an extra spin so you think you know but it’s a little different.

R: It looked like you were milliseconds away from beating Christine in the duel – did we see that correctly?

Mikayla: Yeah, it was really close. Albert and Sophie said pull from the bottom [when getting the planks out of the crate]. I’m not a big risk taker. I was like if I pull from the bottom, I’ll waste like four seconds. I made up a lot of time on the bridge. The puzzle – it looks right. It was just nuts how crazy that puzzle made things. It brought it down to the wire. It was the make or break.

R: We’re being told that we’re out of time. Is there anything else you’d like to tell our readers about your time on Survivor?

Mikayla: It was a great experience and it really shows you how much greater you can be and the things you can put yourself through and stay strong.

R: Thanks again, Mikayla!

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 23 - uczestnicy”