ODPOWIEDZ
ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

S20E08 - Expectations

Post autor: ctoria »

Secret Scene: Coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYPg38LMWj8

Coach bestows his holy cross necklace to Russell as a symbol of their friendship and trust in the game

(Day 19)

Coach: This is big time. I've got my speech all prepared.

Russell: Tell me what you got. I'm not gonna kneel or nothing, but where should I stand?

Coach: That's good right there. The Knights of the Round Table had a code of honor.

Coach (solo): Russell wanted me to give him a cross. We've talked about being Christians out here. He doesn't want to bring that into the game, but I've been open with him about it and kind of forced Russell to talk about being a Christian man. He wanted to have a ceremony that solidified it.

Coach
: With this cross, we can never lie to each other. If I put it around your neck, we can never break this bond. In this game or out of this game.

Russell
: Sounds good to me.

Coach
: Trust you to the end.

Russell
: I trust you to the end.

Russell (solo): Coach wanted to solidify the Knights of the Round Table to I don't even remember what he said. Coach is kind of a weird cookie when it comes to bringing things together. He summoned it around my neck to bring us closer together. It's a good gesture. I think it really works for him. It doesn't work so much for me. Every king needs a Dragon Slayer. I have one. (laughs) That's a perfect match.

Coach: This will change this game and any others to follow.

Coach (solo)
: This today meant a lot. I told him hey, we are like Knights of the Round Table. You can't lie to me now, ever. I don't think he's going to, but I said you can't lie to me, and I won't lie to you. We basically made a pact that we would have each other's backs the entire way.

Coach: To the end, my friend.

Russell: To the end, Coach. Russell Hantz and Coach to the end.

Coach
(as Russell starts to walk away): I like you, man. You're a sharp cat.

Russell: I like you too.

Coach (after Russell is gone): I just made my bed right there.

Coach the Day After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xf5B9w4kr0s

"My crowning moment was when I stepped onto that beach the first day. Everybody thought I was going to be torn alive by Colby. I went out there and I played him like a fiddle, used jujitsu at the end, frogmarched him and manhandled him to the mat. That was my favorite moment because it showed I was here to play on a number of levels. I was indeed going to make my weaknesses my strengths. I think the target that was on my back from the first minute we stepped out there was erased because of that moment."

"Hope would always spring eternal with me, thinking OK, we've fiddle-farted around, we've mucked around enough, we've lost back-to-back-to-back-to-back challenges, certainly this tribe is gonna wake up and see that Courtney with a sprained ankle, or Sandra, who had to be drug along the challenge that day, would go home. That's why I was blindsided, because I didn't realize that surely the tribe was voting off people that deserved to be there, surely the tribe had no respect at all for any part of the game other than strategizing. Certainly the tribe of Villains had no respect whatsoever for self-discipline or the art of survival."

"I adapted and I tried to adapt to them, while still carrying my standard. It wasn't enough."

"I feel like I'm the biggest failure, because I want to give everything I have. It doesn't matter if people around me don't want to reciprocate. That one night I was like, I give everything to everybody, I give my heart and soul to this game, to everyone around me. To have that not reciprocated, and Tyson's advice to me, don't wear feathers in your hair when you go to Tribal, and stop telling your stories. Nobody wants to believe them. Maybe people do, but the one or two people who don't will ruin it for everybody and plant seeds of doubt for everybody. That's what he told me. He was like, 'I'll coach you through this.' I thought about it and thought about it for about 15 seconds, and I said nobody is gonna change who I am. You can't, (points finger in another direction) you can't, nobody else can, except for yourself. I was not going to play and conform to everybody else. But I did play more heroically, I did play this game not for the fact that I went all the way to the end and won the ultimate prize; sometimes the ultimate prize we set out is not the ultimate prize we want and need. The greatest adaptation we can have as human beings is to receive the negative, from outside, the negative comments and perceptions, the negativity that people basically want to cut us down to their level because we're not like everybody else, and I'm not like anybody else. To take that negativity, to put it through a filter, and use it. Either discard it or carry it inside of you and let it change who you were. I realized when I got back from Brazil that the man I was 10-15 years ago when I was kayaking, was not the man I had become, and certainly not the man I wanted to be. I want to be a better man, every day, as iron sharpens iron. That's my motto. That's why I have this tattoo on my chest. Inspiring other people, while making myself a better man, is what I think life is all about. Taking that negativity, not letting it break me, but saying, you know what, I'm gonna take those things. Let me be more chivalrous. I don't wanna be misogynistic, I want to be chivalrous. That's who I am. I don't want to be the coach who's always right. As a coach you do always have to be right, but that can't be the Dragon Slayer, that can't be who I am. Let me admit when I'm wrong. Let me not be bandying about this banner of saying let's take the strongest to the end, oh by the way, let me kind of go in the back door because I'm not one of the strongest. No. I took all those things and I fused it into what I already had. Like I said, take your weaknesses and make them your strengths, take your strengths and make yourself invincible. I think I executed that in this game exactly as I set out to."

"Did I find redemption? Yes. Why is that? Like a sword, tested and true, a sword that goes into the fire and forges character, you say to yourself and the sword says to itself and the knight that holds that sword says to themselves, I think this is ready for battle. Do you truly know until that sword and knight have tasted blood of battle? Do you truly know? You do not. I changed from Brazil. I became somebody who was more penitent, I became somebody who was a more valiant warrior in challenges, I became somebody who was not always right, who was not always condescending, but was I truly? Those are times of comfort between Brazil and here. Times of controversy and change, the battle itself, I tested myself in this game. Did I ring through? Absolutely. I humbly think so."

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

Bubba

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_oyrbQf9E

Amanda describes Rupert's unusual new pet that he discovered at the Heroes camp

"We have these skanks, these black lizards around camp. Rupert just randomly catches these skinks and names them Bubba. He has one at home, a blue-tongued skink named Bubba. Every skink in camp is Bubba. He will take it to challenges, put it in his pocket; one time a skink was on his hair for a couple of hours, sitting there chilling on his head. He just comes up with these random pets. I kind of feel bad for the skinks though, to be honest. Aren't you gonna let it go, Rupe? Let it go. (laughs) What are we gonna do with it? We're not gonna eat it. Rupert is a little kid. He will go around and find lizards and name them and put them in his hair. He's a little kid at heart."

Coach's Departure

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbM6HHqNTlM

Before Tribal Council, Parvati is ecstatic and confident that Coach is going home

"Coach skeezes me out beyond words. Beyond anything I could ever say. I am like a kid at Christmas thinking Coach is gonna go home. I'm so happy. I'm hoping and crossing my fingers that this plan works and Coach is voted out tonight, he's blindsided, bummed out, that Rob kicks him in the kneecap when he gets to Ponderosa. I am tired of Coach walking around like he owns the place, patting me on the head like I'm a good girl because I'm staying true to my alliance and voting with him. Stealing the tools and running off and stealing coconuts. Waiting for everyone to cook food for him. Cook has done not one thing since he's gotten here, except stand on a rock and move his arms and stare at the sun and say, 'Namaste.' I'm over it. I'm done with him. I've had it with him."

A Gender Divide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x26ljGduAPM

Candice describes the gender discrimination that exists amongst the males of her tribe

"There's definitely a gender divide on the work around camp. The guys don't really like it when Amanda and I get into the fire. I'll say I'll go get firewood. Rupert says, 'No no no! I'll go collect it. You break up this wood. You take this wood and put it in a pile here.' The guys have the jobs they want to do. They don't want to take the girls out to go fishing. They don't want us to mess with their spear or their snorkel mask, God forbid. The guys are definitely protective of their roles within the camp. It can get annoying, because we're not stupid, we can do those things too. But there's certain things you have to let slide."

"There's a difference between chivalry and being a gentleman and being a misogynist. Does it matter which pile of wood we get, which stick of wood we put in the fire? They're all the same. These are already broken up, ready to go into the fire. That's what they're for. They're already dry. But JT and Rupert already have their certain...I don't even think it really matters. It's just that it's what they said. It's what they decided. He very well could have decided we should get the ones out of the tent and put that on the fire. That would have been right too."

"I think some of these guys got their egos a little too big, their heads swelled up a little bit, and they're letting it go. It's dangerous."

Don't Mess With Russell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6G23dVQApIg

Russell vows to never leave the game without a fight as hunger pains seriously begin to set in

"The pizza for reward was nice. I probably needed that pizza this time more than any ever. I needed food more than any time ever this time. Pizza, garlic bread, beer, soda, brownies. It looked really good. My body feels like it's failing, so I knew I needed something in my system. When we didn't get it -- I felt bad the whole challenge, I felt rough, I felt lightheaded -- when we didn't get it, another 3 days. I'm gonna do whatever it takes to stay out here. I'm not going home, it doesn't matter, I could pass out every day, I'm staying here. They'd have to take me out of this game literally kicking and screaming. I will fight somebody before I leave this game. They cannot pull me out of this game. It won't happen. Somebody's gonna get a broken nose. I'm staying. If I pass out and I wake up and I'm in a van, I feel sorry for the doctor, because I'm jacking him up. I'm not leaving the damn game. I'm here to prove a point now. I'm here to prove I can control these All-Star dumbasses. I can control everything they do. It doesn't matter how smart they think they are. Boston Rob thought he was a genius at this game. It was no problem at all getting rid of him. I tried to let it slide. He kept putting my name down. You can't do that, not to Russell Hantz. I'll eat you up and spit you out every time. Don't mess with me, I'll get rid of you. I keep saying it over and over. Obviously nobody's hearing it."

Jerri on the Reward Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h15eMnc8xN8

Jerri vents on her tribes' incompetent decisions before and during the reward challenge

"When I read treemail, I was super-stoked and ready to see what it was about. It was a mention of best meal you've had yet. All I was thinking was food. I thought it was absolutely insane everyone automatically thought there was going to be a merge."

"When everybody started packing up camp, I just sat back. I was chuckling to myself and in some ways totally disturbed and disgusted. It was ludicrous. There was nothing in that treemail that in any way alluded to a merge. It's been like this from day 1. I don't know what these people keep thinking. 'Oh, the next reward, we're gonna get a tarp! Why bother building a roof?' Really? Where am I? Seriously, is that how you guys are gonna play this game? A couple times, they've been right, but not this time. I'm not gonna go along with everyone's idea of when the merge is gonna happen, because it's depressing when it doesn't. And we looked like fools showing up at the challenge with all of our stuff. OK, bringing the chicken along is kind of funny, I can see the humor in that. If you noticed, I didn't carry anything. I'm not carrying a tool, I'm not carrying a tarp, this is your idea, whatever. Then in the challenge, when Jeff asked us who we wanted to sit out, I'm thinking, bowling, what a great neutral challenge that everyone can play, everyone can be equally good or bad at. Everyone starts looking at Courtney and Sandra immediately, and I'm like (does a double take), all I'm thinking is we have an immunity challenge coming up, why do you want to put out the two weakest people who will now have to play in what could be a one-on-one wrestling match. Coach just bam decided Courtney, Sandra, sit out. He was like, 'I want pizza.' That's all he said. I could care less about pizza. I want to win the immunity challenge. For whatever reason, Coach decided he was going to be in charge at that moment. I looked right at him and said, 'That was a foolish, stupid move. What are you thinking?' Thinking about pizza. Who cares about pizza? That just set me off too. I was so mad yesterday. I was just eugh."

Free Agents

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlQcRqmxxGs

Courtney explains her position in the game with Sandra

"The ultimate plan for Courtney and Sandra is to get to the merge and then do whatever it takes to keep going further. If that means flipping on people that got us there...oh beans, I guess they're gonna get flipped out. We don't have any longstanding alliances with anyone on this team. In fact, we can't stand any of these people at this point. I don't have any strong ties with people on the other side, and neither does Sandra, so we're free agents, and we'll go with whoever looks like the best gameplan. In the past few days we sort of sat back and waited for people to come to us, and instead of being a solid 5 we got 3 and 2 and they're both trying to get us to vote with them. If we can continue to do that after the merge, when it gets to be an even bigger pool, we can kind of latch on and continue to be free agents, that's all the better for us."

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

JT on the Immunity Challenge

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvyTwB-6QOI

J.T. comments on the Villains' defeatist attitudes at the immunity challenge

"Yeah, immediately when the Villains walked in, I noticed they looked beat. They didn't look ready to compete. Parvati said she didn't like the mud, she was upset cause they were gonna have to get muddy. I didn't care. I'd have lost an arm today as long as we won. I was ready to move forward. The last thing I was worried about was mud. Maybe we've got 'em where we want 'em, but not time to let up now. The game's still on. We're still losing 6-5, so there's a lot to be done next."

"To me Russell was the only one over there that didn't mind getting dirty, and they tied him to Sandra, so he was stuck trying to pull her through. Coach didn't necessarily look like he wanted to get his head in the mud either. If I was him I would have been willing to dive head-first, do whatever it took to win. Each one of the Heroes, even the girls, they were ready to get muddy, dirty, hurt, it didn't matter. We knew we had to win. I'm glad we were able to remain focused."

"It definitely looked like the Heroes were there to win no matter what the experience was, whereas the Villains were just there to pass time. That's fine. I hope they're giving up now, because I want to win. The easier it is to win, the better for me. The girls are happy going into the merge 5 girls strong. I'm happy for them going into the merge 5 girls strong, but I'm not settling for anything less than a win."

Rupert's Secret Food Stash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF-fNbRLDtA

As food becomes more and more scarce, Rupert reveals his secret stash of monster-sized bananas

"After we got cleaned up and warmed up, we sat around for a little while and I'm kind of hungry. We hadn't eaten a meal today. I've been watching this cocoa tree and I've been watching this banana tree. I've been telling my tribe these bananas are footlongs, they're like gigantic, but they're not ripe yet. I'm getting worried we might have to leave this camp and go to another camp in the merge, so I decide to tell my tribe about my secret cocoa tree, and my footlong bananas, and took 'em out and showed 'em around a little bit and showed them there's some cool things out there if you just want around with your eyes up. We brought back 10 new cocoas and 2 bunches of bananas and bonded even more and tied our fantastic five even stronger."

"The bananas we brought back are literally footlong. They're this big around. (makes a big circle with his hands joined together) They're gigantic. The bananas we've been eating are about the size of my thumb. They can't believe they're bananas. They're not shaped like plantains. They are bananas. They smell like bananas, they feel like bananas. They're bananas. I guess we'll see."

JT's Trustworthiness

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zaa1iagSVXE

Colby assesses J.T.'s trustworthiness after he made some very shade moves in the game

"I'm having a lot of fun getting to know JT in this game, both personally, just getting to know him, we're becoming good buddies, but we're also similar in terms of the competitions. We have no problems stepping up and taking charge, but we can both see the battlefield, so to speak. We really do have similar views on how to attack each challenge. So far in the last couple it's served us well. We're getting along good. The interesting thing is as this game progresses we'll see what happens in terms of our game towards each other. I still don't trust JT. JT made his bed in the first few days of this game when he decided to break an alliance with me and Tom on Day 1. Only in this game can you build a friendship with someone you know will continue outside this game yet you wouldn't trust him to pack your bag for you in the game. I'm never gonna trust JT."

"There are certain ways in which JT has overplayed his hand here. It's becoming more and more obvious to those around him. Maybe not to JT, because he's got a little ego involved, but he's already gotten cocky. He's a young guy but he's certainly cocky. The girls are aware he's tried to play them against each other. I can tell you from experience one thing you don't want in this game is to have the women mad at you. You're not gonna make it very far. It's a good thing JT has Rupert has an ally, because I have no loyalty to him, and if he offends those girls or continues to talk down to them like I've seen around camp a couple of times, he's going to find himself in a precarious situation."

Laundry Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZMOMvghboo

Amanda describes a day of chores and laundry after certain members of her tribe began permeating a foul stench around camp

"Today's kind of like the day off to do chores. I don't know how it came about that me and Candice were gonna do laundry. We started to boil our buffs and underwear and then everyone's like hmm, we have things we need to get washed, so we ended up doing laundry all day long."

"The thing is, Rupert smells kind of bad, and everyone knows it. I was kind of thinking in the back of my head maybe if I do laundry, everyone will smell better. After 20 days out here, you start to stink. You're drinking coconut juice, coconut juice is going down the front of you, it's sticky and sweet and starts to smell. Then just natural BO. You have mud and dirt. We had an oil challenge so our clothes were covered in oil. It was an accumulation of all this stuff that was done. Your clothes start to smell. The only way to get the stench out is to boil them."

"It was definitely about get everyone to smell better, but it was definitely like Rupert, give me your clothes. He sweats a lot. He does a lot around camp, and he's working hard. He tends to smell a little more sour. In the back of my head I was thinking oh my God this is a good chance to get his clothes in the pot."

What a Mess

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jh01MKZ418

Coach is disgusted to find his camp in shambles after his tribemates failed to clean up after themselves

Coach: What a mess. No wonder our tribe's losing. Look at this. (points to an axe, knife, and coconut shells left around) Every day. Every day. Tools left out. Coconuts wasted. Everybody says, "I'm so hungry." Coconut meat left for the flies. It's unbelievable. I've said something about the tools 5, 6, 7, 8 times. Nobody listens. Then everybody complains about being hungry. It's pathetic. It's pathetic. No wonder we're losing. (takes the knife) I've said it before, I'm just gonna go take care of myself.

Coach: This camp, the way it looks, and how run down it is, is a complete metaphor for the cohesiveness of the tribe, their respect for the game, their respect for each other. It's every man and woman for himself. Somebody opens up a coconut, drinks it, just leaves the meat here. I'm going down to the far beach, there's some coconuts on some trees, get the bamboo, knock down a coconut, I'm gonna drink the whole thing and eat the whole thing. That's how you're supposed to survive out here. You can't catch any fish, you can't waste anything like that. It sickens me.

Strange Cravings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72oy_UD6Z64

After several days without the amenities of civilization, Colby begins craving some of the simplest pleasures of modern society

"The treemail said best feast yet. I know JT and Rupert are talking about meat and steaks. I gotta tell you a burger would be good, but as plain as it sounds, I miss peanut butter so bad. Regardless of what the definition of feast is for most people, if I could just get some peanut butter and jelly and a couple pieces of bread, I'd be tickled pink."

"The hardest thing to explain to people who haven't played this game is our cravings really are pretty obscure. You miss textures. Whether's it's granola or cereals or the smoothness of ice creams, you really miss those. You miss something as simple as ice, just having the crunch of ice but also something cold. We don't get anything cold to drink out here. It's all the subtleties. It's the seemingly trivial things in your diet you end up craving. Truly if you don't know what food you love the most, come spend a couple of weeks on an island like this and you will dial it in specifically. For me, it is crunchy peanut butter. Brand specific, you gotta have the crunch in there, I don't like creamy."

ctoria
7th jury member
Kontakt:

EW Deleted Scene:

Danielle:

Jerri is not feeling good. Before the challenge, she nominated herself to sit out, which pissed off a couple of people, because she was feeling dizzy. We haven't eaten anything besides coconuts. Coconuts are going right through us and basically dehydrating us, but it's all we have left to eat, we're getting so hungry we're just eating them anyway. She had one too many coconuts and she was hurting today, she didn't want to participate in the challenge, clearly, she raised her hand and sat herself out without asking anyone else if that was OK. Right after we got back she went in the tent and she's been sleeping. She's no threat. Let her sleep and she can hang out for a little while. She'd be another good person to bring to the end.

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor HvV Insider”