Winners at War: Natalie
Survivor AU All Stars: Shonee
Kontakt:

Post autor: ciriefan »

Insider odcinek 3:

It's A Relief

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHV7OQcf ... KNEWgMNWvt

Monica is happy about winning the immunity challenge

"It's so awesome to finally win. It's such a relief. Nobody wants to go home, and when somebody is going home, the ones that are lowest on the chopping block are the ones that worry the most, which seem to be Christina and I. To bring that immunity idol home is just great, and I think it's a huge morale booster for us. We figured out we can beat these guys. I assume the next challenge will be a reward challenge - hopefully it will be for some comfort items or some food. Really, if it's something that has to do with agility, memory, speed, I feel comfortable with our group. We're getting into it. We're getting our game faces on as we march down the beach to get there. It's all business. People are waking up in the morning and figuring out exactly what needs to be done. Getting fed, getting water, and being the best we can be on challenge days. I think it might be to our challenges that we lost the first couple few to get everything in a row, because it seems like the guys are scrambling right now with things we scrambled on day 2, day 3, and they're doing it now, day 8. We're starting to get into our zone and feel better about our performances."

(cut)

"It was great. To me, to reference football, it was overtime, win, they had possession of the ball first, we got it back, we were holding our breath and crossing our fingers for that field goal to come through by 3. It was huge. A relief. The team needed the morale. We didn't need to send anybody else home. We needed a few days to enjoy each other's company. Utter bliss."

(cut)

"When we got back to camp and breaking it down to win, the guys came back with kind of sorrow, long faces. We've been there quite a few times, but I didn't really have any sympathy. We need to embrace our bliss, and I don't really feel bad for them, because we've been there."

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Insider odcinek 5 - 3 filmiki:

Secret Scene: Monica

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7cl1CvD ... 6NFAuh4%3D

Monica discusses her role of mother to the tribe infant.

(New Manono arrives at their camp)

Monica (solo): The biggest stresses in life are breakups and moving, and I did 'em both, on day 12. I broke up with my tribe, Salani, and I did 'em both, on day 12. I broke up with my tribe, Salani, and I moved. I'm finding my way into a routine, but this time, I'm also caring for an infant.

(closeup of Colton as he waits for various people to hand him coconut to drink)

Colton: Ok, Mama, I need advice.

Monica: What?

Monica (solo): Colton is a lot of work. He's totally a baby. He needs to be loved and nurtured and complimented, told what to do, redirected. He's an infant.

Colton: When do you wanna have swim time?

Monica: I'd love to, but we have a lot of work to do.

Colton (laughing): I know, I know.

Monica (solo): I have 3 kids and a husband, and I thought coming here would be so easy, because for once I only have to worry about me. Now I have Colton. (laughs) So I've got a baby! But I will say this - I've done it before with 3 infants, and here is my time to do it again with a fourth.

(Alicia and Monica in the ocean)

Monica: Somebody asked me about Colton, and I said, "It's like having an infant."

Alicia: (something like "My God.")

(random shot of Colton in the water)

Monica the Day After

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg74ZqbG ... 6z4d5n0%3D

Monica reflects on her time in the game the day after she is voted out of SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD

"Right away, when the game started, there was an alliance of 5, and it seemed like I was on the underbelly of that. I knew that if I just came out here and competed in challenges, and had a never-ending motor and work ethic, that I could slowly find a crack in that alliance of 5, I could move myself up. I tended to the fire - didn't go out for 10 straight days. I did water and boiled it in everyone's canteens. I fished. I got snails. I cooked. I did every single thing possible to make it the easiest I could for the women's tribe. Slowly but surely, before we had the switch, I'd moved myself into a third, fourth position in the tribe, and was so proud."

(cut)

"I felt so good in the game, because, being one of the oldest members on the tribe, at 41, I know in my heart I'm in great shape, and coordinated, and can do these things, but right away, at the first challenge, to be the only female to get across the balance beam when it just had a total physical and communication breakdown and to know I got the strategy and got across - it was a little too late. To win the slingshot game for the girls. Just to show the young girls that hey man, you can be older too and be in great shape, and contribute."

(cut)

"When it got me it was the egg. I am definitely the misfit of this group. Everyone thought Monono was the tribe of misfits. The misfit, at the change, was me. I was the misfit of that group."

(cut)

"My new tribe of misfits that I landed on got rid of me because I was a threat. It's unfortunate. It shows that they have a defeatist mentality. I wouldn't want to go through life with that. My tribe got rid of me for that. It's very disappointing. But what do you do? Do you become them, or not? It was just too soon. Had we gone just a little further, I was looking for that person of who am I gonna take to the end. I wanted to do something that was never done in Survivor before, and say, 'Actually, my husband did play 9 years in the NFL and I'm really not here for the money. I'm here for other reasons.' And be able to go with somebody far in the game, and in the final 3, and instead of pitch myself to win, and too my own horn, toot the horn of somebody who can really make a difference in their lives because they're young."

(cut)

"And say, 'I love why you said you should win the game. Now let me say why I also think you should win the game.' And mean it. And really, truly mean it. There's so many beautiful young people that were here to play. That leaves you thinking, if you were on the jury, 'Wow, she's pretty unselfish. I'm going to vote for her anyway.' Or, 'Maybe she's right. Maybe that person really is unique and special that got there.' But it happened too soon. Hopefully I'll get another chance to play, and get a chance to take all the tools I've learned on this round to the next one, to get to that final 3."

(cut)

"Here's the deal. If you're 20 years old and see me, you say, 'Wait a minute. You can still be beautiful and in fabulous shape, have teenagers, middle-schoolers, be happily married to the love of your life, and still do something as crazy as hell for 40 days.' If you're my age and you're 40, and you see me, I hope you say, 'I'm gonna get off the couch and get in shape, and do something different. I'm gonna inspire 40 year old women to be the best you can be.' If you're 60, I hope you're saying, 'Go get it, girl, and maybe I can do it too.' For girls, young girls especially, it's like, don't be afraid of motherhood, don't be afraid of marriage. You can still do so many things the rest of your life. Give 110% to your kids. Give 110% to your husband. Good things will come your way too."

(cut)

"You know, my whole life has been about being Rex, Judge, and Honor's mom, or Brad's wife. I love that role and embrace that role, and it's so special. But to be able...you live and you die, and you can't take any of these possessions with you. It comes down to the end, campfire stories at night. I've got some damn good campfire stories at night. That's fine. To be able to live this and have some neat experiences to talk about and share with others, is invaluable."

EW Deleted Scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKtbwvsV ... mXP5YWs%3D

Monica:

The new group, some are the same, some are different. Hopefully the girls will stay strong, and Colton wanted to be with the girls from the getgo. But he's a smart, shifty guy. Right now he says, right away, 'We have the numbers. The girls and me, that makes 4. I have the idol. That will keep us safe.' But he's here to win. He will tramp on anybody he needs to to get to where he wants to go, I think. Hopefully...

(cut)

He's more comfortable with the women than he is with the men.

(cut)

Really and truly, this game morphs every 30 minutes. More importantly than some merge or the next Tribal Council, we need to get a good shelter built. The big rainstorm, we've lived through 3 of them with no shelter and no tarp, at Salani. It can wear you out. Looking at the two tribes, physically, they're dominant over us. If the challenges begin to get more physical, this could be rough for our group.

Bartosh
4th jury member
Kontakt:

Post autor: Bartosh »

To była moja ulubiona z kobiet w tym sezonie, szkoda, że odpadła. :(

Awatar użytkownika
ciriefan
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Wywiad z Monicą:

“I Felt Like the Tide Was Turning” – Exclusive Interview with Survivor: One World’s Monica

We didn’t see a whole lot of Monica in the early weeks of Survivor – what was she doing during that time? She seemed to be on the outs with the ladies’ alliance, so did she think the tribal swap would be good for her? And if she was on the outs, why did Colton target her as a threat? Speaking of Colton, what does she think of him now that he booted her after she persuaded him not to quit on Day 3? Monica talks about all of this and more right here!

What we saw of Monica on Survivor emphasized her great spirit and positive personality – and that was no different in talking to her! She of course had her thoughts on Colton’s behavior, but overall the experience was obviously an enjoyable one for her, as she explains here.

R: Hi, Monica, and thanks for taking the time to talk to us!

Monica: My pleasure.

R: Let’s start at the end. From your comments on last night’s show, it appears you trusted Colton so much that you really thought you were safe. But if you hadn’t trusted him, what other moves do you think you could have made, given the situation on your new tribe?

Monica: If I did not trust him, the first thing I’d have done is go after him and try to blindside him with the idol that seemed to be so difficult for the boys to get rid of.

R: How would you have done that if the guys were with him?

Monica: The hard part for me was – it was so uncomfortable to see the Tribal Council the week before and how Bill was just roasted in the tribe. When we switched up, we had no knowledge of that Tribal Council, so it was very easy to believe Colton.

My relationship with Colton was a little deeper than you saw. He was struggling and homesick on day three and said, “I need a mom, you’re my Momica.” I really was a rock out there and built him up and talked him into not leaving the game. So it was very natural for me to trust him at that point in the game because we had a prior relationship and he needed me.

R: I was going to ask about that because you tweeted about it last night. Do you think he was acting at that point to gain trust and sympathy, or did he really feel that way?

Monica: It seemed to me, to watch the episode, that he had some trouble at one point in the beginning and he said, “I like Monica.” But then the game Colton switched in and he said, “Wait a minute, she’s the strongest person and she has to go.” You have to be flattered that you exited the game because you were too much of a threat. It’s kind of funny to be such a threat as a 41-year-old mother of three.

R: Why did Colton seem to think you had so much power even though he knew you were not part of the main alliance?

Monica: I guess my spirit was maybe infectious out there. I had a wonderful time. I really did. I smiled out there and I did everything. I was able to help the women when they were down, build people up when they were crumbling. I’m from Florida – It’s hot, it’s muggy, it’s buggy. I grew up on the beaches. I speared a fish and caught lots of crabs and provided snails for the girls. I was actually just having a great time out there. If you were another player, that was perhaps threatening.

There was an alliance of five women but after that challenge on the beam, where I was the only one to make it across, I felt like the tide was turning and Chelsea, Sab, Kim, and I were going to be the alliance of four and potentially eliminate Alicia and Kat next. Jeff asked at that earlier Tribal Council if alliances would be the same if they had it to do over again, and all of those women said no.

R: What did you learn, if anything, from watching last night’s episode?

Monica: Number one, I was just not privy to the very, very uncomfortable Episode 4 – the comments to Leif were very offensive [calling him an oompa loompa and the like]. Leif is such a kind person – I felt for him, his family, and all little people. And the roasting Bill got – it was very uncomfortable. Had I known, I would have embraced the switch and gone to Jonas and gone to Leif and said, “Let’s do something heroic and blindside Colton.”

As I watched the smug smiles, it almost seemed they were proud to be part of such a big blindside. I wish I had known and been able to use it to my advantage and give Colton his exit papers. But it’s so easy to Monday morning quarterback on Survivor. They don’t realize how you’re so far removed in confessional and nobody else hears that. People have wondered, “How did you not get rid of him?!” I was like, “I didn’t know! I wasn’t there!” But Jonas and Leif and Tarzan were and they were willing to be led by somebody who wasn’t really a respectful leader.

R: What do you think of Colton now, after his actions and after having watched him on the show?

Monica: I think Colton is small. I think he’s small in his wisdom and small in his experience and he is narrow-minded. I only hope that as a youngster at this age that he can learn from these things and grow.

R: Did you see his sort-of apology tweets after last week’s episode?

Monica: No I didn’t.

R: He basically said he was young and had to grow up on TV, etc.

Monica: I think it’s hard, in a day or two, to change your opinions and very difficult for a zebra to change its stripes. It’s an arduous process to change as much as he needs to at this point.

R: Moving away from Colton, did you originally think the tribal swap might have actually helped you, since you were on the outside of the ladies’ alliance? Or did it mess things up because you thought you might have this new alliance with some of the ladies?

Monica: The swap happened and initially when Jeff said it, a little of me felt refreshed, but when we broke the eggs, it almost couldn’t have been worse for me. It was almost as though I landed in the island of misfit toys.

But my personality is such that it’s difficult to break my sprit. It’s something I pride myself on – being a genuinely happy person. The mother instinct in me was like, let’s make lemonade out of lemons. Maybe it will turn into a wonderful opportunity for me. Now I might have a choice. If I don’t think the girls will really let me in, then I may have options with the boys. A lot of them looked like a lot of fun to play with. Troyzan was extremely likable and could have been a lot of fun to play with based on how the cards fell.

R: Do you think a random redraw of tribes is fair?

Monica: Unfortunately, I don’t write the rules of Survivor. I’ll leave that up to Mark Burnett and Jeff Probst and those who have made the show a success. They must have felt it was the best way or the fairest way, but I would have perhaps benefited from the schoolyard pick.

R: We didn’t see a whole lot of you in the first few weeks – probably because you weren’t causing a lot of drama. What did you do during that time that we didn’t get to see?

Monica: I was the woman in camp with the motor that never quit. There was so much drama going on and I felt like it’s best to sit back, stay out of the fray, stay out of the arguments, watch, and outwork everybody else on my tribe. Nine people’s canteens, there was never a drop dry. Building shelter, washing clothes, catching crabs, I was the assistant with plucking and cooking the chickens.

R: I’m unfortunately being told we’re out of time (which is too bad because I wanted to ask you to “explanate” what the heck Tarzan was talking about), but since we’re at the end, is there anything else you’d like to tell us about your time on Survivor?

Monica: It was one of the most wonderful experiences I’ve ever had. What I take from this is I’m so honored to be chosen and be part of the Survivor family and that’s what’s most special to me. I just came away thinking wow, I’ve made some new friends and new fans and I’m really happy at my station in life.

R: Thanks again, Monica!

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Survivor 24 - uczestnicy”