Jack
sole survivor
Kontakt:

Sam

Post autor: Jack »

Obrazek

Zawód: Sportowiec
Stan: Victoria

She stands just under 152cm tall with a petite frame, but do not let Samantha’s size fool you.

Samantha took up running in 2008 as a break from studying law and after just a 16-week training program, she completed the Melbourne marathon. She then looked for her next challenge, the 4 Deserts Grand Slam, four ultra-marathons across Chile, China, Sahara and Antarctica.

She made history by becoming the first woman and the youngest person ever to complete the race, which is known as one of the toughest endurance events on the planet.

Physically strong, Samantha says that strategic game play that will be hard for her. “I routinely push myself out of my comfort zone. However, the aspect of Survivor that means that you cannot trust people or count on them having your back is new to me. All of the projects I have worked on that take me out of my comfort zone have always involved collaborating with supportive people.”

A World Vision ambassador, Samantha is passionate about human rights and aims to raise awareness and funds through her endurance runs. She has raised $50,000 for educating young women in South Africa and $30,000 for Save The Children.

Despite helping people every day through her charity work, her time on Australian Survivor will be different.

“When I am at the start line of a race, I have an inner mongrel spirit that comes out, and I think that’s going to come out on Survivor,” she said.

“I have more mental grit than anyone out there. I have the tools to win this. I have run marathons so I reckon I can hang on longer than anybody else.”

ODPOWIEDZ

Wróć do „Australian Survivor 2017 - Uczestnicy”